We are currently looking for an experienced full-time First Cook to join our expanding culinary team at the Hotel Eldorado! Come work with us in the heart of the Okanagan!
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Prepares and plates dishes for service, observing the Chef’s recipes and pre-determined portion sizes
- Works as part of the culinary team to produce high-quality dishes consistently and quickly
- Supports rest of the culinary team to ensure top-quality service
- Assists in food tracking and control as requested by the Chef
- Properly labels, stores and rotates food items to prevent excess waste
- Work to maintain quality of all food prepared with the Chef de Partie on duty
- Maintain Health and Safety to B.C. Health standards by keeping the whole kitchen area clean and organized
- Work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- High School diploma
- Safe Food Handling Certification
- Minimum of 2 years first cook experience in a fast-paced hotel restaurant
- WHMIS training
- Must be able to work varied shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without restriction
Physical Aspects of Position:
Bending, standing, reaching, cutting, lifting, pushing, repetitive physical movements, dexterity and a full range of motion of hands to whisk, scoop, cut, scale, shape and move product as needed.
Work Environment: Exposure to kitchen equipment; large and small ovens, stoves, mixers, fryers, combi ovens, steamers, fridges, and freezers, as well as cryo-vac and sous, vide machines.
Candidates will be matched to positions based upon experience & qualifications
Job Type: Full-time
- 1st cook: 2 years (Preferred)