Responsible for handling administrative aspects for the collateral department including but not limited to monitoring/disbursing taxes and insurance payments, escrow analysis and collateral related documents for all post closed loans. The functions include:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Identify tax assessment numbers on all real estate collateral and ensure tax assessment number and the parish/county is inputted into Horizon for real estate taxes monitoring.
2. Monitor annual tax payments on all real estate collateral.
3. Disburse annual tax payments on escrowed loans.
4. Input tax tracking data into tax tracking vendor website monthly.
5. Review monthly tax tracking reports, send notifications to borrowers and add loan exceptions if needed.
6. Process and review monthly escrow analysis.
7. Pull and process monthly insurance premium due payments for escrowed insurance.
8. Process insurance force placed payments and refunds.
9. Pull taxes, insurance and escrow daily reports.
10. Pull daily loan reports from Acquire system.
11. May assist with special projects designated by Manager.
12. Be available to cross train and perform additional tasks as assigned
13. Responsible for updating procedures of job duties as it pertains to related position.
14. Utilizes problem solving skills, external resources, and internal resources to resolve issues as efficiently as possible.
15. Provides a superior level of customer service to all internal and external customers of the department. Answers phone calls and email messages, researches questions, and provides prompt, professional responses.
16. Escalates complex problems (i.e. production, system problems and/or collateral documentation issues) to Manager.
17. Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
· Knowledge of consumer and commercial lending, real estate, loan documentation, lien documentation, tax documentation, legal description, appraisals and insurance as well as state and federal compliance and lending regulations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work independently, efficiently and innovatively as part of a team
· Must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and conflicting deadlines
· Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office
· Minimum of 2 year experience in loan/lending environment in a commercial bank or other financial institution.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled