Snowmakers must be comfortable working in all weather conditions and be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, days, weekends, and holidays. Lost Valley Snowmakers must also be able to negotiate all types of terrain while maneuvering snowmaking equipment.
- Set up, monitor, and shut down snow guns, hoses, and all snowmaking equipment
- Inspect guns, hose, hydrants, and equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Monitor performance as needed to ensure proper air/water combination and quality snow
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must be 18+ years old
- Ability to take direction and perform duties efficiently
- Ability to communicate clearly and politely with guests and employees alike
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- A professional, positive, and enthusiastic attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
The Snowmaker position is based primarily Outside and may be exposed to temperature extremes (above 85 degrees and below 20 degrees), sun and wind exposure, inclement weather (rain, snow, ice).
Must be able to walk on even/uneven/slippery terrain, climb/descend even/uneven/slippery terrain, climb/descend stairs, stand and/or sit for long periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, and lift objects that may be heavy.