Retail Attendant - Eldorado Resort Marina (Seasonal Spring/Summer 2021)
Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
These are seasonal positions from approx May - September 2021. Start and end dates may change based on the needs of the business.
Under the direction of the Marina Manager our marina employees are responsible to perform customer checkouts on rentals, fueling vessels. They also recover the marina’s rental fleet, and perform general cleaning of the marina and all boats and PWC, preventative maintenance and grounds maintenance within the marina.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn the types of vessels in rental fleet and be able to answer specific customer questions (there will be a binder with all of the detailed information available).
- Fill out Rental booking forms clearly and enter into Reservation system.
- Follow proper reservation procedures outlined in the till training.
- Prepare rental contracts prior to customer arrival (name, type of boat, length of rental, cost).
- Understand and be able to clearly go over the Rental Contracts with customers.
- Understand and communicate the most common types of damages and what happens if damage occurs.
- Take pre-authorizations for rentals – understand and be able to communicate to customers what our policy is for this (Damage deposit plus pre-tax cost of rental).
- Communicate to customers the rental flow and what they need to do next.
- Ring in all sales accurately and settle with the proper payment method.
- Use the Moneris machines to process debit and credit cards.
- Ensure that all charges that are to an account are filled out properly, signed and rung into the till.
- Give change accurately for cash transactions.
- Ensure that proper cash out procedures are followed.
- Perform general cleaning of the marina and all boats and PWC, preventative maintenance and grounds maintenance within the marina.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Operate office equipment (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine).
- Follow marina and hotel safety standards and systems.
- Foster and practice teamwork and cooperation with all other positions existing in the hotel.
- Consistently offer professional, warm and courteous hospitality to all guests.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as put outlined in the CREW handbook.
- Contribute to the morale and well-being of the marina team by exemplifying CREW values.
- Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in daily shift briefings.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of boating operations and provincial boating regulations.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Licensing as required by provincial laws & regulations.
- Previous experience in the hospitality or timeshare industry.
- Cash handling skills and other monetary transactions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Initiative and adaptability.
- Must be available to work evening shifts, holidays and weekends. Start times will vary based on business volumes and operational demands.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The Resort is unable to assist those without a visa.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.