Assistant Housekeeping Manager (ref 9042)
If you are looking for a team that brings out the best in each other, a team that has fun and are proud of their work - we want to hear from you! The Hampton Inn & Suites is currently looking to fill the role of Assistant Housekeeping Manager.
We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel, and are offering temporary shared accommodation. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO! This position currently pays $20.00-$21.00 per hour, plus discounts on Food & Beverage, Hotel stays, and Marina activities at our sister properties!
This is a full time opportunity. Weekend availability is preferred.
What we offer:
- Staff Accommodation
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Hilton brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for four hotels within Kelowna.
To assist the Housekeeping Manager in ensuring the smooth and consistent operation of housekeeping and the highest standards are met and maintained, service is attentive, friendly, efficient, and courteous.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed consistently through daily operations
- Builds and contributes to a service culture that is characterized by empowered guest service specialists, providing engaging service and creating memorable experiences
- Inspect guest rooms ensuring the highest possible cleaning standards are met
- Lead and supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed
- Manage laundry operations as well as public areas
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken
- Actively participate in daily briefing, and department meetings
- Ensure Room Attendants are informed daily about priorities in their section
- Proactively address any day-to-day operational concerns, determining appropriate solutions and actions to be taken
- Comply with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, while ensuring a clean and safe working environment
- Actively participate in the hotel health and safety program. Ensure that all associates are familiar with and in compliance with WHMIS and Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of housekeeping including scheduling, planning, delegating tasks and communication across departments
- Assist with recruitment, onboarding, and training of new team members
- Assist in the monitoring and performance management of housekeeping staff
- Ensure hotel complies with all Hampton and Hilton Brand standards
- Maintaining supply and equipment inventories while monitoring expenditures and cost controls
- Maintain Lost & Found, ensuring proper item tracking and shipping items to guests
- Take initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and implement them
- Assumes all duties of the Housekeeping Manager in their absence and as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous hotel or housekeeping experience is required
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience in a similar environment will be an asset, with a proven ability to provide professional, friendly, and engaging service and leadership
- Good computer literacy (experience and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and some Excel)
- Lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Detail oriented, organized and focused on quality
- Proven ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized and effective time management skills
- Available to work varied shifts and overtime as required: days, weekends, and holidays
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without restriction.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position