Do you have a heart for those experiencing homelessness?
Would you love to use your skills and experience to support your community?
Then we may have a position for you. The
Mustard Seed has a current opening for a Relief Staff for our Neighbour Centre(s).
At the Mustard Seed we are committed to growing community and collaborating
with external agencies in the communities we serve. Reporting to
the Program and Services Lead, The Neighbour Centre Relief Staff is responsible
for supporting Neighbour Centre(s) while external partners facilitate
programming and meetings in the space. The Relief Staff will support the Hub in
the absence of the Community Advocate and provide additional presence at
Position Type: Casual
Reporting to: Programs and Services Lead
Location: Community Hubs within Calgary
- Support the day-to-day operations of The Neighbour
- Open and close building for events and providing
- Ensure safety guidelines and protocols are in place for those using building
- Support set up and take down during events and
- Support in basic advocacy needs as
needed as required
- Support in community outreach through representation at
school and community events
- Other duties as may be assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must have completed or be in the process of completing a degree in Human Services or
- Experience working with marginalized populations an
- Experience working with teams executing or implementing community initiatives
- Self directed and able to work independently with little
to no supervision
- Police Check and Vulnerable Sector Check are required for
- Valid class 5 driver’s license is an asset
- Some travel between sites may be required
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Fast-paced work environment
- Good skills in Microsoft word and Excel
- This position requires flexibility to work evenings and
- Minimal to moderate mental effort required to
successfully accomplish the essential job functions such as providing
information, resolving discrepancies, responding to highly intense
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions
at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our
employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s
Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a
full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect
is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only
those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed
reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers
page to see more job opportunities.