Part-Time Seasonal Customer Experience Representative—ArtsQuest Center
Arts Quest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Position Reports to: Customer Experience Supervisor
Responsible for providing an exceptional customer service experience at the ArtsQuest Center, welcoming customers either face to face, by phone or electronically with regard to all programs and events presented by ArtsQuest. Responsible for obtaining the necessary information to communicate with patrons, opening and closing of the building, lighting, furniture and general appearance of the center along with the other functions and activities directly related to daily operations of the building.
- Welcome all visitors to the ArtsQuest Center.
- Provide information about ArtsQuest, the Banana Factory and the Visitor Center, and our programs.
- Answer multi-line phone, forwarding calls and taking messages when necessary.
- Assist guests with any inquiries regarding entertainment and services or transportation (shuttles, cabs, valet services, etc.)
- Use of POS systems to assist patrons, and answer questions; Box Office ticket sales and cash handling responsibilities to include processing ticket orders, taking phone orders, assisting with online orders, including payment reconciliation, and check or credit card authorization in order to assist with revenue generation and customer service.
- A thorough knowledge of our membership programs and their benefits and the ability to sell memberships; answer general questions; assist and provide information to patrons, volunteers and staff; act as a listening post for guests' concerns; troubleshoot problems that arise; defuse and remain calm under stressful situations
- Provide ADA services and information to guests with disabilities; relocate guests with trouble seats or ADA requirements
- Receive deliveries for all building tenants and event patrons and coordinate pick-up; assist with private or corporate events as needed on days of events.
- Use of computer to send and receive information and assist with administrative responsibilities; Understand the opening and closing procedures of the building including but not limited to security system, burglar alarm, fire alarm and sprinkler system operations, music and lights.
- Distribute facility information and updates either electronically, in print or verbally when needed; maintain efficient and effective flow of information with guests and all internal departments; sort and distribute incoming and outgoing regular and interoffice mail.
- Have a thorough knowledge of building policies, procedures and event requirements; understand who to contact within the building for AV equipment, location and set-ups.
- Coordinate communication of daily events to all ArtsQuest Staff
- Maintain supplies and organization of the front desk area; keep brochure racks and marketing materials up to date, filled and neat with updated materials, notifying marketing when in need of replenishment; monitor desk for cleanliness and appearance
- Perform occasional walk-through safety and cleanliness inspections of the first floor as time and customers permit.
- Occasional housekeeping tasks such as emptying trash cans, recycle bins, clean restrooms, refill supplies, clean up spills as needed.
- Monitor and maintain inside and outside building appearance and cleanliness, including but not limited to picking up and disposing of any trash, arrangement of furniture, umbrellas, extraneous signage, games, lights, elevators, TV monitors, stairwells, cinemas, this should be done periodically throughout the day and throughout shift.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, including, but not limited to, computer, copier, fax machine, multi-line telephone system, voice mail system, internet, and stereo system; perform routine troubleshooting when experiencing issues with all office equipment.
- Monitor facility key use and sign in sheet.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Previous Customer Service experience is helpful; ability to provide courteous, friendly and efficient service to patrons, volunteers and staff with a smile
- Flexible, “think on your feet” attitude.
- Extensive knowledge and exposure to ArtsQuest programs preferred.
- Computer/web competency including Excel, Word and Outlook; experience with Raiser’s Edge, SRO-4 and Counterpoint helpful; ability to learn computer programs, including ticketing, scheduling and database software; previous experience with point of sale systems, ticketing systems, merchandising, cash registers, cash handling, credit card processing preferred
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work for extended periods on a computer, smile, talk on the telephone, kneel, stoop, bend, lift, push, pull, pinch, grip, reach over head, reach away from body, and repetitive motion; use of a keyboard, mouse, ability to talk, see, hear, smell, feel, (identifying objects by touch), depth perception and color vision; lift up to 20 pounds occasionally with or without assistance.
- Ability to work indoors, behind a desk and remain visible and accessible to visitors; ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Ability to move about throughout the building to open doors, turn on lights, inspect restrooms and theatres for cleanliness, as well as assist with the upkeep of those areas as needed.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and volunteers; strong people skills, including diplomacy and empathy.
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate clear guidelines and work at a very quick pace, particularly during events and other functions.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job; bi-lingual in Spanish, Chinese or other languages a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, either verbally and/or in writing. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to lift up to 10 to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Employee may be required to travel between our facilities, all within about a 1 mile of one another using reliable transportation. Employee is occasionally required to travel offsite for business meetings as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 10-25 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with or without assistance.
- Ability to use a computer, cash register and phone.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend, reach above head.
- Ability to see, hear, listen, and speak and understand English; bi-lingual ability a plus.
Schedules vary depending upon activities and events; flexibility and the ability to work during the hours of operation of the ArtsQuest Center, which could include Monday through Wednesday, 6 AM to 10 PM, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 6 AM until 1 AM, and Sunday from 9 AM until 9 PM.
- Normal working environment is mostly indoors, however, the ability to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions during festivals and events is required.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events.
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
FLSA Status: Part-Time Seasonal Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer