The Laundry Attendant is primarily responsible for cleaning and storing linens in a timely, organized manner to ensure that the Hotel’s laundry and linen needs are met. S/He will promote a safe working environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
The Laundry Attendant will work with supervisors, inspectors, and other members of the housekeeping team to ensure maximum efficiency.
The Laundry Attendant shall strive to provide exceptional service to guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the SCP Culture & Core Values
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Clean and store linens in a timely, organized manner to ensure that hotel’s laundry and linen needs are met.
- Receive soiled linens by bag, cart, or chute from the floors. Sort all articles by kind, color and degree of soil. Inspect all laundry and linens and record all damaged or stained items.
- Operate washers and dryers according to recommended capacity and other manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Ensure necessary chemicals are added in the correct quantities prior to wash cycle.
- Fold clean linens and store as appropriate. Operate linen feeder, sheet folder, towel folder and table linen ironer machines.
- Keep all supplies, cleaning materials, and clean linens secure, free of clutter and hazards, and in assigned storage areas where others can find them and to prevent losses or damages.
- Report needed repairs or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Monitor and control supplies; minimize waste within laundry facility
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Report any maintenance issues or concerns.
- Respond to guest requests from housekeeping or other departments.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service
- Assist in maintaining hotel inventory of supplies, linens, and other amenities.
- Promote sanitation, safety, security efforts, and guest services of the Hotel.
- Follow hotel policy with lost/stolen items.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Contribute to guest services and hotel success through teamwork.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of related experience and/or training preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional guest-focus
- Fluency in other languages beneficial
- Prior experience using hazardous cleaning chemicals, large machinery, and cleaning accessories
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read and speak some English
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be able to quickly learn simple procedures and techniques
- Must be detailed orientated and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to abide by the Hotel’s appearance standards and compliance with designated uniform
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events. Schedules are based on occupancy levels and business of hotel
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to frequently stand up and move about the laundry area.
- Communication skills are utilized when interacting with other employees and supervisors.
- Basic reading, writing, and match abilities often utilized when determining amounts of chemicals to treat laundry and stains.
- Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push & pull up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand & arm movements
- Must be able to frequently reach overhead
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, walk on uneven surfaces on a frequent basis
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, hoisting, leveraging ties onto cards, or crawling on floor sometimes necessary to clean
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat)
- Must be able to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat)
- Must be able to work areas of high temperatures around heavy equipment.
- Must be able to work in areas of loud noises.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Soul Community Planet is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled