Community Support Counselor
Community Hope, Inc. parsippany, New Jersey $18.00 per hour
Do you want to work in a friendly, professional and supportive organization? Do you want to make a difference in someone's life everyday! If so, COME JOIN OUR TEAM
4 WEEKS Paid-Time Off!, 1 hour paid Lunch, Birthday Holiday, PLUS MORE!
Community Hope is looking for full-time Community Support Counselors to deliver high quality community-based support services to adults with serious mental illness living in their homes.
To ensure the safety of people we serve and our workforce, we require employee’s proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Unvaccinated employees must participate in COVID-19 testing at minimum one to two times per week in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
- FT - Monday - Friday: 9am-5pm or 8am-4pm
- PT - Flexible Schedule / Any day between Monday-Sunday anytime between 8am-5pm (Equaling 20/hr. per week)
Service area: (Sussex, Warren, Somerset, & Western Morris Counties) - Agency vehicle provided
- Contributes to the development, implementation, monitoring, and updating of the individualized rehabilitation plan.
- Performs therapeutic rehabilitative skill development.
- Perform crisis intervention and provides on-call support to consumers for crisis intervention and emergency services linkages.
- Monitors, as needed, consumer self-administration of prescribed medications as per Agency procedures and provides medication education.
- Assists consumers with accessing community-based wellness and recovery services.
- Transports consumers in an agency vehicles in a safe, cautious, and responsible manner.
- Documents service delivery accurately and timely while ensuring consumer confidentiality.
- Coordinates with other providers to maximize services integration and consumer opportunity.
- Functions as a team member and covers co-workers duties as needed.
- Maintains the assigned vehicle including scheduled maintenance and follows related policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the helping professions, such as social work, human services, counseling, psychiatric rehabilitation, psychology, or criminal justice. Bachelor’s degrees in a field other than a helping profession will be considered when accompanied by a minimum of two years of professional experience in a community behavioral healthcare setting.
- One year of mental health experience.
- A valid driver’s license, with a good driving record
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact.
~We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply including Native American, people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people of all abilities, veterans and veteran spouses.~
Community Hope, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Community Hope, Inc. endeavors to make https://communityhopeinc.easyapply.co/job/community-support-counselor-45 accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Mirella Rosario/Staff Recruiter/HR at 973-463-9600 x330 or email@example.com