Responsible for assisting and performing pre-loan as well as recurring on-site collateral and due diligence analysis, consisting of field examinations of the books and records of commercial borrowers, verifying and validating relevant information, documenting the findings in written form through detailed reports and orally with lenders and management. This includes the testing of accounts receivable, inventory, cash, accounts payable, notes payable and, taxes payable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Test collateral for value, validity, and accuracy of reporting through the use of various industry-standard workpapers.
- Calculate borrowing availability on a monthly basis.
- Analyze accounts receivable and inventory trends.
- Analyze financial reports to evaluate and report material changes in operating performance and/or balance sheet status.
- Assess the borrower’s overall systems and records and identify any areas of potential exposure.
- Coordinate with borrowers’ senior level management routinely to perform monthly duties.
- Review loan documentation and procedures for adherence to the Loan Agreement.
- Prepare clear and concise audit reports highlighting areas of exposure and audit findings.
- Maintain borrower Field examination ratings with supplemental data.
- Prepare accounts receivable verification letters on a quarterly basis.
- Provide ABL analysis for ABL loan requests to include specialized loan covenants, trend analysis, BBCs, and any other analysis considered necessary to the credit decision.
- Make recommendations for customer reporting if deemed necessary.
- Assist in training of new ABL Analysts as required.
- Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Bachelor's degree required (accounting, finance or related field preferred).
- MBA/CPA designation a plus
- Accounting proficiency or fundamental experience required
- Minimum of 1 years asset based lending experience or similar training
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- First class communication, writing and organizational skills
- The ability to spot flaws in logic and irregular patterns
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to work under stress and meet stringent deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively with borrowers’ senior management
- Strong organization skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Travel required (50%).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled