GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
We are currently looking for an experienced, 'boots-on-the ground', Construction Manager to plan construction projects (concrete residential & commercial) and oversee their progress in a timely and cost-effective manner. This role will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation, and scheduling of projects.
This role will be based in Kelowna, and will report to our Senior Vice President.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion: Planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Overseeing all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Reviewing the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Preparing and submitting construction project budget estimates
- Planning and preparing construction schedules and milestones, and monitoring progress against established schedules
- Preparing contracts and negotiating revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Obtaining necessary licenses and permits
- Directing the purchase of building materials
- Developing and implementing quality control programs
- Hiring and supervising the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Preparing progress reports and issuing progress schedules
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must have 7-10+ years of relevant experience
- Must have experience in construction of concrete residential and commercial towers
- Must have experience in the design and construction of Building Envelope systems across a variety of building types from concept to construction
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Extremely proactive - plans ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Analyses, manages, and mitigates risks
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
Compensation: will be commensurate with experience.
Job Location: Kelowna
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position