As a locally based financial institution, Cambrian Credit Union is known for working within our community to deliver financial advice and exceptional value to our members. At Cambrian our core purpose is: Working together with our members to build a financial foundation for making their dreams come true.
Our Server Administrator is an integral team member in our Cambrian Credit Union family. This role is complex and offers challenge in the various responsibilities that ensure our network is running optimally and securely for all members and employees of Cambrian. As a progressive and innovative company, we stay updated on training and constantly look for ways to improve our efficiency and member experience. As a highly motivated IT professional, you will possess outstanding interpersonal and communications skills that contribute to the success of the IT team and our organization.
Cambrian offers a work environment where teamwork and creative thinking are valued. In addition, we offer continuing professional development and a competitive total compensation package (benefits, pension plan, etc.).
In the role of Server Administrator, you will:
- Fully understand and follow all corporate IT controls and procedures ensuring they are maintained and followed correctly.
- Apply approved change management processes to proactively create and maintain all enterprise servers and their various functions on the network including but not limited to Disaster Recovery, updates, backups, upgrades, password management, security, AD, DHCP, DNS, NTFS, DFS, GPO, Print, VMware and e-mail servers both hardware and software.
- Be responsible for proactively monitoring, managing and analyzing all aspects of server.
- Be responsible for all server related functions as it relates to help desk tasks/requests.
- Provide tier 2 level support to end users on an as needed basis through demonstrated proficiency of all end user corporate technologies used on a daily basis.
- Create and maintain comprehensive best practices documentation and support/technical services as it relates to server topology, equipment and configurations including Disaster Recovery.
- Ensure server security for both File System and Operating System is properly setup, maintained and organized throughout the organizations Windows Domain.
- Provide backup and escalation services for tier 1 help desk staff.
- Work closely with Tier 3 staff to provide mentoring and top-level tier 3 escalation support services to all IT staff including helpdesk and support.
What this role requires of you:
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in an administration/engineering role.
- Ability to work an on-call rotation schedule is required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory and tools and Storage solutions such as Nimble/EMC.
- Intermediate knowledge of VMware vSphere 6.x, firewalls, VPN, WAFs, LB, ASM, Cisco UCS, Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 Workstation operating systems.
- Knowledge and experience with network testing and monitoring tools, local area IP networks, routing and switching.
- Technical writing skills and documenting change management.
- Knowledge of HP Server, HP SAN & Desktop Hardware an asset.
- Good understanding Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Good judgment for problem solving and the ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain a balance of priorities.
- Experience with network test and monitoring tools, i.e. Solarwinds, WireShark, iperf, or equivalent.
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills.
What we offer you in return:
Competitive salary, career progression and professional development, community involvement opportunities and comprehensive benefits package including a pension plan. This position is located at Cambrian’s Head Office on Broadway Avenue in Winnipeg.
How to apply:
Please submit your application to www.hr.cambrian.mb.ca . Your resume and cover letter must clearly illustrate how you meet these qualifications.