Francophone Mobility Baker (available to Temporary Foreign Workers Only)
This position is open for candidates wishing to apply for a Baker (NOC 63202) position through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (Francophone Mobility Program) only. If you are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada, please apply to the Breakfast Baker position currently posted on our website.
Baker (NOC 63202)
Bakers prepare bread, rolls, muffins, pies, pastries, cakes and cookies in remote camp establishments. Bakers who are supervisors are included in this unit group. Apprentices are also included in this unit group.
Main Duties:This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Bake mixed doughs and batters
- Frost and decorate cakes or other baked goods
- Ensure quality of products meets established standards
- Draw up production schedule to determine type and quantity of goods to produce
- Purchase baking supplies
- May oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
- May hire, train and supervise baking personnel and kitchen staff.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job training may be provided.
- Completion of a three- or four-year apprenticeship program for bakers or completion of a college or other program for bakers or several years of commercial baking experience is usually required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have proof of minimum CLB Level 7 French Language Proficiency
- Must have valid passport with minimum of 2 years before expiry date.
- Must be able to comply with eligibility requirements to apply for a work permit including but not limited to the following:
- Be able to provide proof that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires.
- show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to return home.
- obey the law and have no record of criminal activity (you may be asked to provide a police clearance certificate)
- Not be a danger to Canada's security.
- be in good health and have a medical exam.
- Must be able to meet the physical and mental requirements of the job.
- Successful candidates are encouraged to purchase private health insurance for the duration of their work permit.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.