Accounts Payable Clerk
vision is to break the cycle of poverty one neighbor at a time. Through safety-net services and asset
building solutions, Worcester Community Action Council (WCAC) creates economic
mobility opportunities for tens of thousands of people annually through
programs such as energy assistance, early education and care, financial
empowerment, positive youth development, and career pathways. WCAC
serves 45 towns in Central and South-Central Massachusetts with offices located
in Worcester, Webster, and Southbridge. We are committed to a
workplace culture with a shared passion for our vision that promotes teamwork,
respect, and the opportunity to make a difference.
What we offer:
WCAC provides on-the-job training and professional development opportunities. As well as an excellent benefit package with no waiting period to enroll in health, dental, vision, life/LTD, and 403(b) retirement plan. Generous paid holiday calendar, vacation, personal and sick time. In addition to fair and transparent pay practices, we offer an additional pay differential to bilingual employees.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will work with the payments teams to complete vendor payments for the heating assistance program. This includes entering data for individual fuel deliveries, updating annual consumption data and serving as a liaison between vendors and clients in order to facilitate the remediation of heating emergencies in a swift and timely manner.
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At WCAC we are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace so if you are excited about this position, but don’t meet all of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyways.
- High School Diploma or HiSet equivalent required. Associate’s degree in finance or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years accounts payable experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn Agency software and databases.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse individuals, families, co-workers, and community partners.
- Embraces and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Customer service oriented; strong interpersonal and communication skills with a positive outlook and empathic style.
- Bilingual ability preferred.
- COVID-19 Vaccination.
Send cover letter and resume specifying position via email to email@example.com.
Worcester Community Action Council, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, membership in the uniformed services or any other classification which is protected under state or federal law.