As our VP Operations, you will lead Rubicon Organics’ operations and supply chain to deliver our mission to grow and develop the best cannabis products on Earth, and for the Earth. This executive role will be responsible for leading and creating our future expanded supply chain (Contract manufacturing, 2.0 processing and innovation), as well as delivering results at our existing operating facility (hybrid greenhouse cultivation, manufacturing and fulfillment).
We’re looking for an experienced VP of Operations to come in and have a massive impact in this high growth industry by taking a hands-on approach to team development and operational execution. This is an opportunity to take everything you’ve learned in your operations career to date and apply it in a senior leadership role within a nimble company, leaving a legacy in your wake.
We are looking for an outstanding VP Operations who wants to leave a tangible legacy
· An agile, pragmatic, hands on leader with a passion for leading the operations team to deliver and exceed supply chain targets
· Ability to inspire, motivate and level with the entire operations organization from directors to crop workers
· Ability to manage daily operations of a multi-million dollar company, whilst simultaneously leading planning and execution of future innovation and high capex projects at pace with the industry.
· A leader who wants to deliver a broad business impact, through their participation and contribution to the executive leadership team, to propel the entire organization forward.
· Lead and inspire the operations teams to deliver maximum quality and yield, at optimum cost
· Partner with the Commercial team to provide internal and external supply chain solutions to meet consumer product needs
· Oversee production and supply chain processes to ensure timely and accurate delivery of products
· Own CAPEX and OPEX budgets, including major CAPEX expansion projects
· Ensure CAPEX projects are planned and executed on time, on budget.
· As the member of the executive team you will model the mission, vision and values of Rubicon Organics, lead the team to exceed expectations, and deliver extraordinary stakeholder value
· Monitor and analyze key performance indicators to identify opportunities for improvement
· Ensure compliance with all local provincial and national regulations
· Continuously improve and optimize operational processes to support company growth and profitability
· 15+ years’ experience in operations management with recent experience in senior operations leadership roles
· Previous cannabis industry, greenhouse agricultural operations, manufacturing or pharmaceuticals (GMP) experience is a strong advantage
· Proven analytical, strategic, creative thinking and planning skills with ability to focus on clear outcomes
· Proven success managing large OPEX and CAPEX budgets
· Proven experience and a reputation for mentoring and developing employees
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, agriculture or a related field; or equivalent experience
· Six Sigma certified or strong understanding and successful application of LEAN manufacturing best practices an advantage
· Experience with ERP and inventory management systems.
This position will report to the CEO and will be based in Delta, BC with up to 20% of time travelling to Vancouver or other sites as required.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position