The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product delivery. This includes managing the product throughout the product life cycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with other managers to deliver winning products. The Product Manager also works closely with sales, marketing, and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals and overall company strategy and goals are met.
YOU ARE FIRED UP TO:
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to develop product, marketing, and partnership strategies
- Work with customers, sales teams, and services teams to identify key business use cases and drive enhancements and requirements into the product development process.
- Act as the voice of the customer within the organization
- Define and communicate solution value, differentiation and key marketing messages.
- Communicate the solution with customers, sales team members, partners, analysts, and media
- Contribute to the product strategy and roadmap
- Deliver Market Requirement Documents and Product Requirement Documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Perform product demos to customers and staff
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Develop sales tools and collateral
- Propose an overall budget to ensure success
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Minimum 3 years of product management in a fast paced, enterprise-level company delivering customer-facing digital products
- University degree, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of design principles for iOS, Android and web (mobile/desktop/responsive)
- High level of motivation to solve existing problems while anticipating new issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Previous success working with an agile development team
- Portfolio of digital work with demonstrated high-quality documentation
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their financial institution. Our enterprise appointment scheduling and lobby management solutions are used by leading banks and credit unions across North America, including RBC Royal Bank, Arvest Bank, Vancity and Rogue Credit Union. The result? A seamless customer experience that’s improved NPS scores, reduced wait times and increased conversion rates for the organizations who use it.
Founded in Saskatoon, by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, we’ve grown to over 75 employees with offices in Saskatoon, Toronto and a remote team distributed across Canada. After completing the Google Accelerator for Startups and having just closed our Series B funding round (raised $28M CDN led by Klass Capital), we have ambitious growth plans to scale the team and continue to bring exciting new products to market!
Company perks include Cabana Days (extra vacation days), our Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and an annual wellness spending account, Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. With a foundation in and emphasis on people, passion, and performance, we are seen as the disruptor in our space.
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Competitive Salaries - we want to pay you fairly based on your experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.8 rating on Glassdoor
We are proud to have been named as a Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion and one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2021.