Dishwasher will be responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of all cutlery, glassware, food machines, etc. It is essential that the dishwasher maintain the dishwashing station in a pristine and safe manner. The ideal candidate believes in showing up on time for work, providing other employees with assistance in the kitchen as needed and following all sanitary and health-related protocols. All duties are to be performed in accordance with Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework of TC Restaurant Group principles.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Organize and clean all dirty dishes, glassware, cooking utensils, etc. into a dishwasher.
· Ensure that the water in the dishwasher is taken out on an hourly basis
· Remove trash and garbage from the dish area and take to the dumpsters.
· Responsible for rolling/unrolling mats in order to clean floors.
· Operate the industrial dishwasher.
· Wash glassware and other implements by hand when necessary.
· Empty and clean all trash receptacles.
· Clean iced tea, coffee and other specified machines daily.
· Rotate dishes to reduce wear and tear on resources.
· Clean dish storage.
· Follow sanitation policies at all times.
· Provide assistance to prep cook and other kitchen staff as needed, especially during peak times.
· Perform opening, closing and side work.
· Clean up spills or broken glassware immediately.
· Report any sanitation or janitorial issues to appropriate party.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/WORKING KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Excellent critical thinking and time management skills.
· Ability to operate industrial machinery and carry loads up to 20lbs.
· Willingness to work in hot, humid environment during shifts of 8+ hours.
· This position requires the employee to: sit, climb, stoop, kneel.
· The employee must tolerate long periods of being on their feet.
· Must be able to lift up to and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
· Be able to multitask due to the high volume of the restaurant.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & SCHEDULE:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· Fast paced, high volume, high energy
· Hours may be part-time (less than 30 hours per week)
· Schedule could exceed 30 hours per week and may include overtime when approved by management
· Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays
TC Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.