Caregiver: Westlake Village 230 pm to 1130 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. And 1 or 2 weekdays if available
Westlake Village: Family Ties Home Care has an opening for a senior independent lady who needs assistance. She is very independent! She walks with a walker and needs help getting around as she is a fall risk. Assistance with standard ADLs and meals. She has a dog that needs a walk also before bedtime.
The open shift is Saturdays and Sundays from 2:30 pm to 11:30 pm (The start time is flexible if needed) And 1 or 2 shifts during the week if you are available.
Must have Caregiving experience, a Driver's license, and a Car.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Following a pre-set Care Plan
- Compassionate companionship
- Helping patient with daily functions, such as dressing or bathing
- Light housekeeping, such as vacuuming or laundry
- Grocery shopping and cooking meals
- Assisting patients with medication reminders
- Scheduling doctor’s appointments or other meetings and organizing transportation
- Recording and reporting to the supervisor about the patient’s status
- Teaching patient self-care skills
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Current and valid HCA/HHA certification
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds
- Strong patient service skills
- Attention to detail and ability to carefully follow protocols and rules regarding the patient's care
- Ability to address minor medical issues
- Availability to work evenings, holidays, and weekends
- Experience with housekeeping tasks, including keeping the house clean and safe for the patient to live in and doing the dishes
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be exposed to some hazards, such as bodily fluids that may contain disease.