Responsible for greeting all guests in a professional, friendly and family oriented way before, during and after the meal period.
• Be punctual to begin your work
• Wear proper uniform (black slacks, Black Bear Diner shirt and suspenders, slip-proof black restaurant shoes ) and name badge at all times
• Maintain a neat, clean appearance at all times
• Wear and communicate through Radio headset at all times during work shift
• Always asked Guests if the enjoy their meal and always thank them and ask them to see ask again.
• Count accuracy of bank before opening and count cash drawers with Manager at end of shift.
• Handle cash and credit card transactions accordingly
• Maintain menu inventory
• Responsible for all tips paid outs
• Be current on processes for entering Comps, special promo coupons, and Gift Shop items to POS system.
• Help greet guests as they enter the restaurant in a friendly manner, make eye contact and say: “Good morning/afternoon/Evening, number of guests for breakfast/lunch/dinner?
• Responsible for assuring that Pie Case is stocked with freshly baked items, and that all baked items are properly tagged with a color-coded paw dot to indicate its’ freshness.
• Responsible to keep Pie Case windows and shelf clean at all times.
• Responsible for the cleanliness of the cash register stations and surrounding areas
• Takes To Go food orders and insures that all packaged orders are correct before giving to customers
• Responsible for answering the phone in a professional, up-beat and friendly manner (Good morning, Black Bear Diner, this is ________ speaking)
• Responsible for making sure that restrooms are checked for cleanliness at all times
• Responsible for balancing all sales at the end of shift
• Helps with the cleanliness of the entire dining area, including entry doors
• If a complaint arises, handle it professionally by listening, being helpful and polite. (Remember, the customer is always right.) If you feel you cannot resolve the problem, please locate floor supervisor or manager
• All comps must be approved by manager and logged in the Comp book.
• Collect money for Employee meals before submitting Employee meal at the kitchen.
• Complete any other assigned tasks willingly as designated by management
1. Must be able to stand, walk, and stay on his/her feet for prolonged periods of time. This could be up to four hours without a break period to sit down.
2. Must be able to write (take names from guests) to Guest Waiting Pad, and utilize electronic Guest Paging system -- that requires repetitive motion.
3. Must be courteous, smile frequently, and express cheerful disposition at all times.
4. Must be able to engage guests in friendly, warm and light conversation.
5. Must be able to multi-task (including use of communication via a radio head set), and control crowds of guests coming through door and waiting to be seated, in friendly manner.
6. Must be able to multi-task (including use of communication via a radio head set