Do you revel in the thrill of identifying and securing new business opportunities? Are you an engaging presenter, skillful trainer, and technical guru who enjoys helping others solve challenging problems? Would you thrive leading a rapid growth segment in a very entrepreneurial mid-size company? If so, come join Fortress Fence Products launch a game-changing high-security fence product into a market that is booming!
Fortress Fence is seeking a Business Development Manager – High Security to serve as the product expert and technical voice for this newly developed high-security product line. In this role, you will be charged with optimizing new and existing customer relationships, marketing, and promotion of the product line. Above all, you must embody and embrace the Fortress Core Values.
As the Business Development Manager – High Security, you will be responsible for driving sales growth through a focus on end-user vertical markets such as: contractors, architects, and engineers, as well as, driving continued growth through distributors, key end-user influencers, and specifiers. You will provide technical knowledge, consultative solution development, and end-to-end project support to customers ensuring success and comfort with the product.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement - We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with the sales team to develop and execute a sales strategy to meet/exceed sales goals.
- Assist Regional Sales Managers and Territory Managers with a market strategy for the product line. Identify new sales targets, market segments, and sales opportunities.
- Assist in the development of marketing collateral and technical documents.
- Secure meetings with prospects to introduce the features and benefits of our high-security product line.
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations to existing and prospective customers as well as internal teams, from high-level introductory pitches to technical deep dives and demonstrations, knowing how to gracefully maneuver back-and-forth based on the audience.
- Promote Fortress Fence’s high-security product line by building and maintaining close relationships with key decision makers, distributors, contractors, and end users.
- Act as a trusted advisor and professional consultant during the sales process, leveraging deep product knowledge and detailed analysis to assess customer needs, understand technical project requirements, and provide optimal solutions.
- Work with in-house Estimators to define project scope, create an initial design, complete a project take-off, and produce an estimate.
- Lead the development of the value statement and the best method to articulate the cost vs. value equation.
- Work with the General Manager, Regional Sales Managers, and Product Manager to create forecasting for manufacturing, inventory, and budgeting purposes.
- Work closely with the Innovations team and Product Managers to enhance and expand the product line in the future.
- Attend industry events and work national trade shows as applicable.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5+ years of technical or outside sales in a similar or related role
- Ability to quickly interpret technical information and provide recommendations on technical issues
- Excellent interpersonal and customer interfacing abilities with a drive to positively influence others
- Ability to pioneer a new product line and successfully promote the value to the customer
- Strong business development and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to build an industry presence
- Solid project management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage difficult situations
- 25% travel
- PSP Certification or willingness to obtain
- Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled