Migis Lodge on Sebago Lake is looking for Dining Room Servers for our
seasonal resort. Flexible working hours. Each season we hire staff
members who are willing to work hard to provide great guest service and
to help us provide an idyllic vacation experience. As a Dining Room
server, you will be working a combination of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
shifts. We offer three meals daily with indoor and outdoor options. We
offer full and part-time seasonal employment for dining room servers.
This is a great opportunity to learn the skills required to be a
successful server, which will give you skill which can be transferred to
future jobs. This position helps you grow your teamwork, communication,
and patience skills.
As a part of the Migis Lodge team you will have the opportunity to
experience all of the benefits Sebago Lake has to offer while developing
your hospitality skills and personal relationships. You will meet
amazing people from all over the world and the US. These are friendships
that will last a lifetime! There are also so many activities on site to
enjoy; disc golf, swimming, canoeing, kayaking and so much more. You
will work hard but there also are many fun experiences to be had during
your time here.
Hours: Part-time and full-time available (20 - 40 hours per week)
Compensation: $12.15+ per hour, depending on experience.
Seasonal Position: May through October
Start date: Early May
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: We will provide training for enthusiastic candidates. Previous experience is not required.
Taking a job as a server at Migis allows you to work in one of the
most beautiful settings on Sebago Lake at Maine's premiere Full American
Plan Resort? What's a Full American Plan resort? Guests enjoy three
meals a day and full use of the resorts activities as part of their
rate. This is a great first serving job - we will provide all the
training. The skills you learn at Migis can be a great stepping stone to
other serving positions! You will learn all about proper service
techniques, different foods and their preparations (our menu changes
daily), about food allergies and safe food handling. You will have the
chance to work with the same guests throughout their stay and so will
develop a bond with "your" guests. A quick smile, an outgoing
personality, and the ability to be quick on your feet are all key to
Housing (limited in quantity) is available for
full time applicants who can work through our summer season or who can
commit to the entire season.SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Maintain a neat and professional appearance with a properly cleaned uniform.
· Greet guests warmly, politely and in a timely manner once seated. Speak to guests with enthusiasm at all times.
· Be prepared to answer questions about menu items and food preparation
techniques and be prepared to make suggestions about special menu items.
· Understand order taking systems to be able to clearly, accurately and quickly covey guest orders to kitchen
· Deliver food and beverage to tables in an efficient manner following
appropriate table service techniques. Ensure that food is presented to
diners as ordered and according to restaurant quality standards.
· Be available to guests to assist with any needs, corrections or
additional items desired during service. Understand when guests are
unsatisfied with a meal and how to handle the situation.
· Be able to determine when guests have finished meals, clearing tables
in an efficient manner following appropriate table service techniques.
· Understand reporting requirements for tips.
· Ability to safely operate restaurant equipment including, but not
limited to coffee makers, refrigeration, juice machines, soup warmers,
toasters, point of sale systems and other basic kitchen equipment and
· Handle and communicate special orders and guest complaints in a
professional manner. Share information with customers about the status
of their orders. Have a basic understanding of common food allergies and
communicate these issues to the kitchen to ensure diner safety.
· Complete side work as assigned (resetting tables, stocking supplies, cleaning, etc.)
· Participate in set up, execution, and clean up of banquet functions as
outlined in Banquet Event Orders/Event Sheets and as directed by Sales
& Catering Manger/Dining Room Manager.
· Maintain food safety, service station and personal cleanliness and
sanitation standards as required by the Mass Department of Health and
Human Services and OSHA, as well as general maintenance and upkeep of
· Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
· Must be able to manually handle/lift/carry product up to 60 pounds between knee and shoulders.
· Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
· Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift.
· Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
· Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
· Previous food & beverage service work preferred, but not always required.
· Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with
guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience,
tact and diplomacy.
· Ability to work as a part of a team.
· Ability to understand verbal directions, as well as written menus,
recipes, labels on foods and chemicals, and other workplace safety
· Active listening and observation skills.
· Knowledge of common food allergies and understanding of cross-contamination issues.
· Outgoing personality, with good oral comprehension, expression, and speech clarity.
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.