Arts Quest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Reports to: Transportation Coordinator
Assist the Transportation Coordinator in creating a positive festival experience for patrons of Musikfest, as well as delivering outstanding customer service to our patrons, volunteers, transportation providers and non-profit organizations while manning transportation ticket area.
- Responsible for providing outstanding customer service to Musikfest Patrons
- Become familiar with Musikfest activities, locations and services in order to accurately communicate with patrons and volunteers to provide the necessary information for a positive festival experience
- Sell transportation tickets, handle cash, maintain records and accountability
Knowledge, Skills and Physical Abilities Required:
- Previous customer service experience preferred; ability to communicate in a friendly manner with customers, staff and volunteers.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.).
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift items up to 25 pounds frequently, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to kneel, stoop, bend, lift, push, pull, pinch, grip, reach over head, reach away from body, and repetitive motion;
- Ability to communicate verbally, see, hear, smell, feel (identify objects by touch), depth perception and color vision;
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate clear guidelines and work at a quick pace, particularly during events and other functions.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job; bi-lingual in Spanish and/or Asian dialect is a plus.
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
Dates/Hours of Operation: Must be available to work between the hours of 11 AM until 11:30 PM all days of the festival, August 4th through the 15th, 2021 and as follows:
· Fest training dates between July 19th and August 3rd, 2021
· Musikfest - August 5th – 15th, 2021.
· Shifts are typically 11:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and 5 – 11:30 p.m.
· Tear down the week of August 16th through the 20th.
· Other hours may be required before and during the festival to support the organization.
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
FLSA Status: Seasonal Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employe