Strong City Baltimore is a 50-year-old grassroots nonprofit that builds and strengthens neighborhoods and people. Our mission focus is enhancing the capacity of residents and social-change makers to improve their communities. Through fiscal-sponsorship and other capacity-building efforts, we provide financial management and strategic supports that empower grassroots leaders to carry out their vision of community change. Strong City supports more than 130 initiatives that focus on Neighborhoods, Education, Youth Development and Social Innovation.
Our Finance Department is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager (AM) with knowledge of General Accounting Principles (GAP) and proficiency in, or at least familiarity with, Sage 100 Fund Account software. Our ideal candidate will be highly skilled in numbers management, have strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel. The position requires someone who is detailed focused with an ability to identify accounting problems and implement resolutions, is well organized, able to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and can work as team player. We are seeking candidates who can will be sensitive and attentive to the diverse needs, staff, and volunteers of the organization and is able to work in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
The Accounting Manager (AM) supervises a full cycle Bookkeeper and Payroll and Benefits Administrator. The AM will have full responsibility of general ledgers, cash receipts journals, accounts receivable journal maintenance, and payroll operations. The AM collaborates closely with the Director of Finance and Budget Manager to make sound decisions and plans for the fiscal health of the organization.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Managing revenue and expense journal in Abila MIP
- Monitoring bank accounts activity on a daily basis and assists with preparing and making bank deposits
- Overseeing monthly payroll allocations via spreadsheet and journal entries & reviewing and approving payroll register
- Entering monthly cost allocations and leads month-end closing
- Overseeing electronic deposits, like Square and PayPal
- Assisting with maintenance of all financial records, monthly, quarterly and yearly fund source reporting and reports to the Board of Directors
- Assisting with yearly audit and year-end closing
Salary is commensurate with experience; range is between $55,000 and $65,000.
****Cover Letter Required****
Strong City Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Strong City Baltimore Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled