Sr. Software Engineer
***Must be able to obtain a security clearance***
If you're looking to utilize your software engineering skills to have a direct and immediate impact on the revenue of a multi-million dollar company, then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Our client is a subscription-based publisher of financial information and software, serving millions of investors around the world. In this position, you will be part of a fast-paced environment working with the Software Development and Business Intelligence teams to collaborate in building world-class solutions.
As a senior software engineer, you will have the opportunity to help continue building on their cloud services platform. This platform is the backbone for their data-driven marketing, sales, ecommerce, billing and customer services. This is a great opportunity for software engineers who want to develop systems from idea to fruition that will reach millions of users using only the latest and greatest technologies. As part of this group, you will perform the development, testing, support, documentation, and analysis of these software applications and services. The ideal candidate will have the skills described below and strong attention to detail.
- Primary responsibility is to design, develop, modify, test and support highly reliable software applications and services for the cloud.
- Participate in software planning, design and architecture sessions and own aspects of the technical solution.
- Must be an active coder in your day-to-day duties with an enthusiasm for technology, particularly with software development.
- Full stack development. Our platform has several components including 3rd party integrations, and the candidate must be willing to be working on them all.
- Ability to quickly gain expertise in a topic or technology that candidate may not have prior experience with already.
- Take accountability for tasks and resolve problems.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with the ability to convey technical issues clearly.
- Team oriented, with experience in Agile principles.
- Experience with Java methodologies, technologies and frameworks (Spring, Maven, etc).
- Strong understanding of data structures and design patterns (Collections, DI, IoC, MVC, TDD, etc).
- Experience in developing Web Services and APIs (REST).
- Experience in building Spring-based applications.
- Experience with HTML/CSS/jQuery/Ajax/Angular.
- Experience with ORMs and other data access methods and APIs.
- Extensive experience with relational database systems and SQL in high volume transactional applications.
- Some experience with NoSQL database systems (Mongo, Dynamo, Redis).
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Strong Analytical Skills to absorb a lot of information and translate it into a useable blueprint.
- Strong Communication Skills to convey technical solutions to both Developers and non-technical staff.
- Attention to Detail ensuring reduction of risk in data outages and inaccuracies.
- Logical Thinking ensuring code and data is easily turned into logical patterns for analysis.
- Problem-Solving Skills allowing effective and timely solutions.
TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE:
- Hands-on experience with Redshift, MySQL, Postgres, MSSQL, Snowflake.
- Hands-on experience in Amazon AWS.
- Experience with performance testing and tuning.
- Experience with Salesforce.
If you are looking to join a vibrant work environment and you have the skills to take advantage of this unique opportunity, you may just be the person they are looking for.
About Our Client
Our client is a subscription-based publisher of financial information and software, serving millions of investors around the world. Their business is guided by two simple principles:
- They strive to give their customers the information they'd want if their roles were reversed.
- They only publish analysts whose advice and strategies they'd want their own families to read and to follow.
They believe in offering a range of opinions. Experienced analysts, with their own unique investment strategies and philosophies, lead their franchise brands. As a result, they do not promote a single, unified view of the markets, but instead, they publish a mosaic of opinions, recommendations, and strategies. This multi-franchise approach gives their work far greater breadth, creating more diverse opportunities for their subscribers. Their franchises are linked, however, by a continuous commitment to risk management and a contrarian approach to identifying investment opportunities. Across all of their franchises, they focus on investments that are unloved, ignored, or unknown. It is in these situations where having an informed perspective gives their subscribers the best risk-to-reward opportunities.
Hours: Full-Time, Long-Term
Pay: $100,000-$120,000 annually (DOE)
Location: Baltimore, MD 21201
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.