Seasonal Summer Camp Coordinator, Polk County
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Develops, organizes, and implements high-quality YMCA child care program(s). Under the supervision of the Association Childcare Director and in conjunction with the Childcare Coordinator the Camp Coordinator is responsible for the following:
1. Manages, directs, and coordinates the school-age summer camp programs for assigned location(s). Ensures high-quality programs and establishes new program activities. Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
2. Plans, implements and observes day-to-day operations of all aspects of the summer day camp program. The coordinator will be responsible for planning daily activities, supervise and schedule staff, communicating with parents, and any other duties assigned by the Youth and Family Program Director.
3. Assists in recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, and direction of personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
4. Develops, manages, and controls budgets related to the position, under the supervision of the Youth and Family Program Director. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected.
5. Assure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as they relate to program areas, including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Ensures that the YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
6. Provides for the upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
7. Develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agencies, school administration, parent groups, and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Responds to all agency, parent, and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
8. Provides staff leadership for the annual fundraising campaign.
9. Maintains proper records/department files such as: behavioral reports, incident reports, and hiring paperwork.
10. Organizes special events for parents and campers. Assists in YMCA fundraising activities.
11. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
12. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in the program.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by the Youth and Family Program Director.
14. Responsible for lead camp counselor, counselors, and bus drivers clock-ins and clock-outs, as well as timesheets.
1. Must have completed a minimum of 2 years of college and working toward a degree.
2. One to two years related experience preferred, as a coordinator or supervisor of child care programs.
3. Minimum age requirements may apply; for example, minimum age of 21.
4. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Working with Program Volunteers; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
6. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
· The Day Camp Coordinator will receive 6 vacation days that can be used during summer camp.
· Camp Coordinator may not use vacation time for the first or last week of summer camp, nor take same time off as Lead Camp Counselor.
· Must be able to attend ALL Coordinator Training & training dates for camp counselors.
· Must be able to attend association camp training and run parts of training.