Outlet Manager and/or Supervisor
The Bartender is responsible for providing excellent, professionally made
drinks and serve responsibly.
Job Responsibilities and Standards:
The following description of job responsibilities and standards are intended to reflect the essential functions of the position. This outline does not detail every aspect of the position and there may be other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
· Maintain standard drink mixing procedures.
· Check the surroundings of the bar and lounge to make sure everything is in proper order – lights, temperature, music and cleanliness.
· Perform all tasks as assigned by manager/supervisor.
· Inspect to make sure that the bar is prepared for the shift.
· Know and be able to spiel food menu items effectively.
· Provide prompt and courteous service to all guests at all times.
· Knowledge of specialty drinks, prices and basic beverage knowledge.
· Contribute to the development of cocktails and refreshing future menus.
· Be able to spiel Kohanaiki beer offerings as they change often.
· Comply with all club policies and procedures and follow guidelines as stated in training manuals.
· Will confirm additional meal requirements such as allergies, dietary needs, and special requests and communicate these to the Food and Beverage team
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
· Prior experience and knowledge of alcoholic beverage service.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service skills and an outgoing personality.
· 2-3 years of prior bartender experience is desired preferred, passion for mixology a plus.
Customer Service Responsibility:
· Ensures that the club's customer service standards are maintained at an exceptional level.
· Presents self in a professional manner including appearance, identification, and general communication and conduct at all times.
· Makes a positive contribution to the work environment through presentation of positive attitude, demonstration of cooperation and teamwork, and constructive approach to daily events.
· Listens effectively, responds to guests’ requests in a friendly “can do” manner.
· Attendance: Adheres to established schedule of work hours. Follows established procedures for early notification to supervisor when unable to report to work. Call a manager 4 hours before shift starts to avoid an improper call in.
· Punctuality: Arrives to work at scheduled times and works until authorized to leave.
· Attends all mandatory education/in-service programs and demonstrates understanding of responsibilities through appropriate actions.
· Demonstrates effective communication by utilizing positive verbal and non-verbal skills in all interactions.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule and extra hours when needed.
· Demonstrates adherence to the club's safe practice procedures and makes recommendations to improve safety. Reports any unsafe work practice to supervisor.
· Consistently utilizes proper body mechanics in performance of responsibilities, as evidenced by supervisor’s observation and no injury to self or others due to improper work habits.
· Follows proper reporting procedures when injured at work. Is aware of the location of material safety data sheets and refers to them when necessary.
Physical and Mental Requirements of the Job:
· Ability to work under pressure, multitask while maintaining a calm and professional demeaner.
· Abe to lift and change kegs of beer.
· Must be able to work flexible hours, work evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Excellent hand, eye coordination required.
· Abe to stand for duration of 8-10 hours per day.
· Good memory required for multiple drink orders and other requests.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.