Team Lead, Software Development
Doing business to business, person to person. Payworks is a leading workforce management solutions provider and multi-year winner of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated as well as committed to developing world-class products and providing a progressive workplace culture where Doing Right by People is our purpose.
With clients of all sizes and more than 400 employees, we currently have an exciting opportunity on our Development team for the right candidate. Because when it comes to great people, there’s always room for one more.DOING RIGHT BY PEOPLE – IT’S WHAT WE DO
Payworks develops proprietary, integrated cloud-based products in the payroll, human resources and time and attendance space. We create, deploy and maintain our own solutions; this requires a talented team of developers, who are excellent critical thinkers/problem solvers and are driven to create products that work better.
The Team Lead will work with, lead, mentor and engage a team of developers while fostering teamwork and inspiring trust and motivation.WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE PAYWORKS
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits for you and your family and excellent pension plan with employer contributions.
- Plenty of professional development opportunities.
- Community-minded culture – Receive two paid days per year to volunteer and lots of opportunity to “Pay it Forward”.
- Time and flexibility to meet your needs - Hybrid work model with flexible work options, plus 3 weeks vacation to start, flex time and parental leave benefits.
- Cool perks – Annual wellness subsidy, Costco membership, fun office environment and events, regularly scheduled fitness classes, and more!
- Lead the way – You are a great mentor who shares knowledge and loves to coach others. You have a passion for technology and are motivated to find the best solution to a given problem. You will be responsible for guiding the team towards achieving goals while exercising your organizational and people skills by building trust and focusing on the development of your team members. Working closely with your team, you will participate in all people functions including performance development, playing a key role in recruitment, onboarding and continuous learning.
- Work with a team – You will support, collaborate, and create with cross-functional teams and implement technical solutions that adhere to Payworks’ internal coding and quality standards. We feel that exceptional and inventive development comes naturally to teams that are having fun and working together.
- Creatively solve problems – You will review interesting and complex challenges presented by the business and engage with team members to come up with the best technical solutions to those business problems.
- Make great products even better – You will monitor, maintain, and support existing functionality by resolving defects and performing routine maintenance in order to enhance user experience right down to the details You are motivated and passionate about delivering high quality product using agile methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous programming experience in a business environment.
- Previous experience in leading and building high performing teams and a genuine interest in developing and molding our next generation of developers.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET Core (C#), Microsoft .NET (VB), ASP.NET.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL Queries.
- Experience with HTML and modern front end frameworks and technologies such as CSS3, SCSS, and Vue.js
- Experience working in an Agile environment
We are proud to support a Flexible Work Plan that allows employees, in collaboration with their leader, to choose the work location that best suits their work and lifestyle. The Team Leader, Development reports into the Payworks office, however has the option to work in the office or on a hybrid work model.
Payworks is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, and collaborating with employees, clients and guests to identify and effectively remove barriers, in a manner that respects the principles of independence, dignity, integration, reasonable accommodation and equal opportunity. Payworks welcomes and encourages applications from all persons. Individuals applying for employment with Payworks may request accommodations at all stages of recruitment and employment from Human Resources.
Does this sound like the right fit for you? To apply, simply visit the careers section of payworks.ca
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position