Ability Matters is seeking compassionate and dedicated employees to join our team immediately. We strive to employ individuals who truly have the desire to make a difference in others’ lives by enhancing every aspect of the lives of adults with disabilities.
The Paraprofessional is responsible for providing a high level of direct service to individuals with disabilities in order to fully implement their IEPs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Serve as a positive role model, ensuring the safety and well-being of consumer at all times
- Provide quality direct instructional programming in a one-on-one setting
- Assist in implementing educational programming in data collection, monitor progress
- Prepare activities aligned with IEP goals
- Follow all training and behavioral supports and protocols to maintain the safety of students who may display aggressive or inappropriate physical/verbal behaviors
- Provide accurate data-reporting for behavior and IEP goals
- Communicate with students, staff and parents/guardians
- High School Diploma
- 1+ year of experience working with K-12 students
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills required
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks
- Possess and maintain First Aid and CPR training
- Pass and maintain all required DODD training offerings
- Pass a background check
- Pass a drug test
- Possess and maintain a driving record with less than six (6) points
*Ability Matters is an equal opportunity employer and stands committed to affirmative action.