PHLEBOTOMISTS... WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU!
Are you ready to work with a
compassionate team? Do you provide the best in patient and customer care?
If so Heartland Health Laboratories, Inc. is the place for you! HHL services
healthcare facilities by providing specimen collection and testing.
Loving our patients is our top
priority and we are actively looking for employees who feel the same way.
Heartland Health Laboratories, Inc.
is seeking Part-time Phlebotomists in the Kansas City Metro area. This
Route Phlebotomy shift is from 3:30 AM UNTIL PATIENT SERVICE IS
COMPLETE. On Weekends service is normally complete by 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
On Weekdays service is normal complete between 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM. This role required two (2) full weeks of training to start.
The current rate of pay for this position
is $14.00 - $17.00 hourly depending on experience. This role requires
extensive driving and the use of your own vehicle. Mileage is reimbursed and
the average part-time phlebotomist will drive 350
- 500 miles every two weeks.
Route Phlebotomist Summary of Position:
Collects specimens from patients at facilities, brings specimens back to
the lab to be processed and analyzed, identifies patients and properly labels
specimens, completes STAT runs as needed, and all other duties as assigned.
- It provides the highest level of patient
care and compassion.
- It provides fantastic customer service.
- Understands and follows all safety,
infection control, OSHA, and HIPAA guidelines
- Well trained in
Phlebotomy and prepared to see a large number of patients daily
- Clean driving record
and prepared to drive 70 to 150 miles daily.
- Draws blood specimens from residents at
facilities utilizing draw list or test requisition, brings specimens back
to lab, processes, and delivers to Medical Technologists/Lab Assistants to
- Correctly identifies patients, properly
labels specimens, and documents all specimens obtained from each patient’s
log sheet in the lab book upon completion of collections
- Works at a fast pace with extreme
- Calls facilities to clarify orders and
answers calls from facilities with questions as needed
- Share in an on-call rotation that
includes weekdays and weekends and at least two holidays per year
- Completes assigned phlebotomy STAT runs
- Assures that facilities are stocked with
lab supplies as needed
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License
with current auto insurance
- Understands the value of teamwork and
takes an active role as a positive teammate
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- No less than two (2) years practical on
the job sticking experience required
- Experience with the Geriatric population
- ASCP preferred