IT Help Desk/ IT Support Administrator
Hours: Part-Time with availability for on-call / emergency support requests within and outside of standard business days/hours
Pay: $20-$25/ hour, DOE
Location: Fort Jackson, SC, United States
Contract: 6-month temporary
Seeking an IT Support Administrator to support Information Technology (IT) activities for the Emerging Infectious Diseases Branch (EIDB) at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). This position is based in Fort Jackson, SC and reports to the Director of Information Technology.
The IT Support Administrator operates under the Director of Information Technology who establishes and provides general guidelines and overall priorities. The IT Support Administrator is the first point of contact for all technical support to the on-site user base and responsible for the day-to-day operation of requests and incidents that are raised directly by users or facilitated via the Service Desk to support on-site staff. This includes support of PCs, Printers, Network connectivity, and Telephony and Audio/Video collaboration systems. The individual works independently; establishes internal priorities, work schedules and goals and uses initiative and sound judgment. The individual will work collaboratively in a team environment, escalating technical issues to respective parties at both the sponsor and on-site IMD technical staff as needed .The candidate will also participate in team and individual projects as assigned by the Director of Information Technology. Work is evaluated based on results achieved towards established goals and requirements, timeliness, application of sound business practice and efficient use of resources.
1. Provide Tier 1 and 2 IT support to on-site staff.
2. Administer user accounts on IT systems.
3. Manage desktop support tickets ensuring support SLAs are met.
4. Administer core Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Print and File shares.
5. Support Windows PCs in an enterprise environment.
6. Support barcode label printing equipment
7. Produce documentation on all processes practiced or developed.
8. Work with technology vendors to facilitate equipment repair or troubleshooting.
9. Monitor equipment and supplies inventory, replenishing as needed.
10. May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience supporting Windows 7, 8.x, 10 in an enterprise environment.
• Experience using and supporting the Microsoft Office 365 suite
• Experience with RDP, Webex, Zoom, MS Teams
• Experience and/or understanding of CUI data types and applicable security controls
• Imaging of Windows PCs.
• Strong customer service skills are a plus
Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED required. Vocational, technical training or bachelor’s degree preferred. Education can be substituted for 2 - 4 years of computer support experience.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 3 – 5 years of relevant experience. 1 - 3 years of Helpdesk support experience.
Work Environment: Office, clinic and laboratory
Background: US Citizenship required.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.