Doing business to business, person to person. Payworks is a leading workforce management solutions provider and multi-year winner of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated as well as committed to developing world-class products and providing a progressive workplace culture where Doing Right by People is our purpose.
With clients of all sizes and more than 400 employees, we currently have an exciting opportunity on our Accounting team for the right candidate. Because when it comes to great people, there’s always room for one more.
DOING RIGHT BY PEOPLE – IT’S WHAT WE DO
The Financial Analyst will collect, manage and transform data into analytics that empower our teams to make strategic, data-driven decisions. You will primarily support the Finance team with recurring reporting and analysis, with opportunities to help various other Payworks teams via analytical review of data and preparation of reporting, thoughtful analysis, and strategic recommendations. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented, critical thinker who is able to turn financial data into business insights.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE PAYWORKS
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits for you and your family and excellent pension plan with employer contributions.
- Plenty of professional development opportunities.
- Community-minded culture – Receive two paid days per year to volunteer and lots of opportunity to “Pay it Forward”.
- Time and flexibility to meet your needs – Hybrid work model with flexible work options, plus 3 weeks vacation to start, flex time and parental leave benefits.
- Cool perks – Annual wellness subsidy, Costco membership, fun office environment and events, regularly scheduled fitness classes, and more!
CREATE, COLLABORATE AND CONSOLIDATE – IT’S WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Prepare and present – Putting your exceptional analytical skills to work, you will prepare reports and provide analysis with a focus on Accounting & Finance specifically pertaining to items such as price increases, billing leakage remediation, customer counts, ratio analysis and customer terminations. You will also work closely with the Controller & the Chief Operating Officer to provide presentations and analysis based on findings, on an as-needed basis.
- Analyze and innovate – As a detail-oriented individual, you will lead the monthly commissions process and contribute to the evolution of our sales reporting. Working closely with the Sales and Finance teams, you will make determinations and recommendations based on analysis of client size, pricing, terminations, and product/service uptake in conjunction with our Commissions Guidelines. You will also monitor trends and work with the relevant stakeholders in an effort to continuously improve the process.
- Drive us forward – To support the business in assessing performance, your critical thinking and problem solving skills will come into play as you regularly monitor, update and investigate ways to improve on our various Dashboard, Scorecard and KPI reporting. As an extension to this, you will ultimately provide analysis, recommendations and insight based on your in-depth understanding of our reporting, trends and outlooks.
- Build relationships – Support, collaborate,
and create with other department leads in an effort to shed light on
opportunities for increased efficiency across the business.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Statistics, Accounting or related fields.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CA or CGA) is considered an asset.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to synthesize data, write reports, and develop presentations that clearly communicate findings - including delivering presentations to a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Oracle NetSuite ERP is highly valued.
- Knowledge of Payworks application or similar payroll application considered an asset.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and/or data warehouse architecture considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with data aggregation/reporting/presenting applications considered asset.
We are proud to support a Flexible Work Plan that allows employees, in collaboration with their leader, to choose the work location that best suits their work and lifestyle. The Financial Analyst reports into the Payworks office in Winnipeg, however has the option to work in the office or on a hybrid work model.
Payworks is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, and collaborating with employees, clients and guests to identify and effectively remove barriers, in a manner that respects the principles of independence, dignity, integration, reasonable accommodation and equal opportunity. Payworks welcomes and encourages applications from all persons. Individuals applying for employment with Payworks may request accommodations at all stages of recruitment and employment from Human Resources.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position