As our HR Coordinator you’ll be responsible for supporting our HR Manager in all elements of adding value and elevating our People & Culture department internally at Coconut. The role focuses on internal operational success and implements and supports initiatives related to employee engagement, professional development and training, performance management, onboarding and offboarding, and scaling our HR systems for the future!
A records management maven, you rely on a blend of data driven decision making and gut intuition and have a knack for keeping on top of multiple projects at once. You know how to ask the right questions, how to put people at ease and have a passion for culture and putting people first. You’re organized, empathetic, and collaborative and your keen attention to detail makes you amazing at what you do!
We’re in a position to experience some pretty phenomenal growth in the coming months and are looking for an innovative HR Coordinator to help scale the growth of our team. We’re pretty passionate about what we do and we’re looking for someone as passionate about their work as we are! We’re not an ordinary company and we don’t expect you to be ordinary either. If you’re someone with a natural eye for talent, and you’re looking for a career making opportunity, keep reading!
YOU’RE FIRED UP TO:
- Organize and maintain personnel records and keep internal HR databases, reports and company org charts up to date
- Attend to general office administration duties, including ensuring access to required office equipment and liaising with external vendors
- Act as a go-to team member to provide support for HR projects and processes and offer support internally on various HR topics, providing guidance in line with Coconut’s processes and policies
- Act as a primary contact to all employees with respect to inquiries relating to benefits
- Manage employee onboarding and welcome packages
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s technologies, process, and teams while maintaining confidentiality regarding proprietary company information
- Support a positive employee work experience by building relationships at all levels of the organization while being an employee advocate
- Support employee engagement and team building initiatives across the company, including: contributing to the social committee, planning & executing company events, and supporting employee recognition & appreciation.
- Provide insight, feedback and drive continuous improvement to existing systems, processes and platforms
- Contribute to specialized projects and events
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role (experience at a SAAS company and/or considered an strong asset)
- Experience using an HRIS
- Driven to take initiative and be proactive
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and team oriented
- Passion for diversity and inclusion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment with the ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and manage time effectively
- University degree or diploma in Human Resources or Business (or similar credential) considered a strong asset
- Saskatoon or Toronto based preferred (local to office)
- Valid Drivers License and access to a vehicle an asset
- You push yourself to grow, learn and innovate and sitting idle or stagnant drives you nuts. You’re looking for an opportunity to prove yourself where you can make a genuine impact and where your contribution is recognized (More than 22% of our team was promoted internally last year alone!)
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise customer engagement platform that is implemented by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Canadian Tire. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to over 70 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto (currently working from home). After doubling revenues 3 years in a row and completing the Google Accelerator for Startups, the company has ambitious growth plans to scale the business over the next 3 years.
With company perks like Cabana Days, Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and an annual wellness spending account, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company who are often seen as the disruptor in our space.
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Competitive Salaries - we want to pay you fairly based on your experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.8 rating on Glassdoor
We are proud to have been named as a Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion and one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2021.