Daybrook Fisheries would like you to join our team!
Who We Are
Daybrook processes Gulf Menhaden into fishmeal and fish oil products. Fishmeal is a high protein feed ingredient, and fish oil is used in aquaculture feeds and dietary supplements. The Daybrook state-of-the-art facility located in Empire, South of New Orleans, is well positioned in terms of its access to regional ports, east and west of the Mississippi Delta.
The company’s operations account for approximately 43% of the annual Gulf Menhaden industry catch. Sustainability is at the core of Daybrook’s operations and supply chain model. An integral part of this sustainable development approach is ensuring the protection of Gulf Menhaden fishery to ensure this resource’s sustainability.
This commitment is evident in our adherence to the industry endorsed Fisheries Management Plan, which operates under the federal oversight of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Daybrook is also a member of the Menhaden Advisory Committee to the Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission, an initiative that drives the conservation, development, and full utilization of the fishery resources of the Gulf of Mexico.
As a sustainable fishery with global market presence, innovation in product development and a diverse management team with extensive experience in the fishing industry and related agribusinesses, Daybrook has earned an exemplary reputation in the marketplace.
Daybrook’s Empire, LA facility is seeking an experienced mechanic to join our mechanical department. Qualified candidates will be able to perform maintenance on all plant machinery (compressed air system, heater claimer, boiler, HVAC, water softener, electrical systems etc). Utilize proper skilled techniques to assure the safe, efficient operation of all plant machinery. Further responsibilities detailed below:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Ability to use basic math skills daily
- Ability to analyze while multi-tasking
- Provide technical advice to non-technical and technical audiences
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of mechanical field
- Strong working knowledge of electrical processes
- Knowledge and experience in fault analysis and rectification
- Adhere to Daybrook Fisheries Inc policies and procedures to meet organizational goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated collaborative problem-solving skills
- Attentive to detail
DAYBROOK FISHERIES, INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled