Customer Support Specialist
SmartLinx is a rapidly expanding Workforce Management SaaS company looking for a talented and highly motivated Support Specialists in our Charleston, SC office to join our Customer Support team and help our customers (LOCAL OR REMOTE). We offer a diverse, casual work environment, with a great entrepreneurial spirit that will allow you to learn and grow very quickly, but always with an eye toward a proper work/life balance.
A Day in the Life of SmartLinx Support Specialists:
This is a “roll-up-your-sleeves and work hard with a team of passionate people” type of position. As a SmartLinx Payroll Support Specialist, you will support customers who utilize our highly-customizable Labor Management software. You will use advanced troubleshooting techniques to address customer concerns ranging from basic questions to critical/time-sensitive issues. You will instill confidence in our customers, build their trust in SmartLinx as a valued partner and have a significant impact on our customers’ experience with our product through effective engagement and timely issue resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain high customer satisfaction with a primary focus on providing the best customer support
• Interact with customers via phone, chat, and email to proficiently and consistently troubleshoot and resolve basic issues for the SmartLinx suite of products
• Accurately capture case notes, document activities and manage cases in a way that is clear, concise and actionable by other internal resources and a customer viewing from the case portal
• Quickly identify when issues are more complex and gather appropriate information to triage to a senior member of the Support team to resolve
• Author, edit and publish quality Knowledgebase content to improve customer self-service resources
• Accurately link and categorize cases upon case closure to help inform the root cause of customer contacts
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree or previous technical troubleshooting experience.
• Previous experience with payroll processing and/or workforce management applications ( Time & Attendance, Payroll, Scheduling, HR Management, etc.) is preferred.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills, including research on software application errors and issue re-creation.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate customer’s needs to technical support staff and communicate case details to customers and/or management.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel formulas, pivot tables, vlookup, and file formatting.
• Familiarity with, or ability to learn, querying MS SQL database tables
• Extremely motivated individual who is passionate about their work and helping our customers achieve success
• High-level performer who excels in both a team and individual environment.
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, meeting all defined performance.