POSITION: Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Sales & Marketing Director
STATUS: Full Time / Year round
Averill Hospitality is a growing hospitality company in western Montana. We’re a spirited and adventurous bunch, driven by our appreciation for the outdoors, support of our communities, and dedication to our guests.
Our company culture is deeply rooted in genuine Montana Hospitality, a strong belief in the value of understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, and the opportunity for all to think innovatively and be ambassadors of fun. Combine it all and everyone benefits, from our guests to our partners, both of whom have placed a great deal of trust in who we are - that’s AVERILL.
POSITION RESPONSIBLITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
As a sales manager, you would be responsible for generating profitable revenues through identifying and developing new business opportunities and cultivating leads while upholding the brand standards and identity. You must possess strong prospecting, sales, and closing skills along with excellent interpersonal communication and strong customer service skills. It is essential to have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Excellent time management, attention to detail, and negotiation skills are required.
· Achieve sales goals as established by Sales & Marketing Director and General Managers
· Local sales calls and client outreach on a regular basis
· Telephone sales calls to new potential leads on a regular basis
· Document sales efforts and maintenance of client accounts in Salesforce
· Conduct site inspections and entertain qualified potential clients
· Occasional travel for sales calls to promote the Averill Hospitality properties
· Evaluate business opportunities to determine if beneficial and profitable to company
· Participation in weekly sales meeting to review sales efforts and strategies
· Communication with other departments to facilitate services agreed upon with clients
· Promote the rewards programs offered by AH properties
· Create and follow annual sales plan, adapting and modifying it as needed
· Participation in planning and execution of open house events to showcase properties
· Participation in networking organizations and activities to grow leads
· Administrative tasks as required in performance of role
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in sales management
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in hospitality
· Strong written & verbal communication skills, comfortable with public speaking
· Proficient in using computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience using Salesforce and RDP highly beneficial.
· Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers and processing figures with spreadsheets
· Proven experience in identifying target clients and in creatively devising and executing sales efforts that motivate prospects to become customers
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of classified information
· Ability to tactfully and diplomatically deal with the public and staff
· Positive attitude and potential to learn and grow
· Ability to follow policies and procedures
· Treats people with respect and dignity, keeps commitments, inspires trust in others, works ethically and with integrity, upholds organization’s values
· Responds promptly to guests’ needs and takes ownership of the overall guest experience
· Reacts well under pressure and accepts responsibility for actions
SCHEDULE / HOLIDAYS/ PTO:
The Sales Manager is expected to keep a 5-day a week schedule, adjusted as needed according to business demands. Working weekends and holidays may be required at times.
Sales Manager will typically be available during peak seasons, generally taking PTO during slower seasons. Generally, PTO will not be approved during June 15 - September 15 and December 15 – January 5.
This intent of this job profile is to give a general overview and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees may be required to perform other and additional duties assigned by their supervisor.
AVERILL HOSPITALITY is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled