Travel & Conference Passenger Communications Coordinator
The National WWII Museum is seeking a Travel & Conference Passenger Communications Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Travel & Conference Sales, this position supports the Travel and Conference team mainly through management of the department's travel software, ViaTour. Support duties focus on the Museum's wide array of signature educational programs, including battlefield tours for adult audiences, student travel programs and leadership academy, the annual International Conference on WWII, endowed lectures, and symposia.
A strong emphasis of this position is the confidential management of both guest and program data including working closely with the sales team in the management of guest data, the operations team in the management of vendor data, the content team in the management of contracted expert data, and the marketing team in the management of guest communication and proofreading sales collaterals. The coordinator will be responsible for all guest mailings, both electronic and hard copy, including but not limited to email messaging, booking confirmations, reading lists, and final documents.
Additional responsibilities of the Passenger Communications Coordinator include auditing guest information and providing sales staff with reports of delinquent payment balances and missing documentation that is required for travel, pulling reports requested by the operations team, assisting other Museum departments with reports, as needed, and arranging for regular data transfers to the other Museum systems. This position will also be responsible for answering phones and responding to calls and emails.
- Proven track record of administrative support.
- Knowledge of World War II history and geography is preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Suite products is required (Training on Viatour will be provided).
- Ability to discuss the full collection of signature Educational Travel Programs and Conference products, both domestic and/or international travel programs, as assigned.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that goes beyond a 40-hour week including some weekends and evening.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.