We transform the way people
About the Organization
leading energy efficiency enterprise. We believe in the good things efficiency
brings to our lives, and we come to work every day to make the world a better
place – starting in our own province. We have successfully helped hundreds of
thousands of families, businesses, non-profits, and institutions transform how they use energy – and we will continue to lead the way in the transition to
a low-carbon future. We are deeply committed to climate change and are a multi-year winner of Canada's Greenest Employers and Atlantic
Canada’s Top Employers.
Our work has achieved more than $1 billion in
energy savings and contributed over 24% of Nova Scotia’s GHG emission
reductions since 2011. We’re passionate about ensuring that all Nova Scotians have
equal access to our programs and understand that energy efficiency can help
serve our communities and promote a socially equitable energy future. Find out
more about how we are making an impact here: https://www.efficiencyone.ca/impact/.
Why you’ll love working
- A culture that understands there is life outside of work and cares
about their employees
- An engaging, fun, and inclusive work environment
- Awesome benefits package that starts on day one
- Wellness initiatives and fitness challenges
hosted throughout the year
- Corporate gym memberships
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a team and contributing to Nova Scotia’s goal of 2050
Do you want
to be part of an organization that has an ambitious plan to support the
transition to net zero by 2050 and helps to build a thriving, resilient future
for Nova Scotians - then you belong here!
Want to know what it’s really like to work with us? Reach
out to any one of our team members on LinkedIn to hear their firsthand
experience at EfficiencyOne.
The Program Manager HomeWarming will primarily support the advancement of HomeWarming across
Nova Scotia. This role will also help develop future programs to similarly
reduce energy poverty for homeowners with barriers to participating in our
This will involve achieving annual energy savings and participant targets
within a given budget which are specified in agreements by various funding
partners. The Program Manager must have initiative, competitive drive, and creativity and be adaptable and results-oriented.
A snapshot of what you will be involved
- Recognize accomplishments, set annual
performance goals for all team members, and provide ongoing coaching,
challenging assignments, and opportunities for learning and development to help
employees achieve personal, team, and corporate goals.
- Achieve program targets within a given budget.
- Develop and maintain all aspects of the program
structure, including, but not limited to, eligibility criteria, participant
process, incentive structure, eligible measures, website content, printed
materials, application forms, and scope of work of partners.
- Oversee day-to-day program activities such as:
ensuring delivery agents are paid; claiming energy savings; handling escalated
client issues; developing and maintaining the program manual, logic model,
evaluation plan, and associated documents; supporting the process and reviewing
results of the program evaluation; implementing approved changes following
- Support the Marketing and
Communications team in developing outreach and marketing strategies and
materials, aligning efforts with program goals.
- Maintain a
detailed database of program participant information, including but not limited
to: participant contact information, home details, upgrade details, energy
savings, and associated costs.
- Develop delivery agent contracts and negotiate
- Lead and/or participate in the procurement of QA
auditors, including contract development.
- Perform all other duties as required.
What Will Help You
bachelor’s degree or diploma in Business Management, Engineering
Technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with energy-efficient technologies would be considered an
- Experience managing and developing direct report(s)
- Experience in project management would be considered an asset, along with knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning.
of building science principles,
energy efficiency retrofit practices, and reporting.
- Strong analytical and superior time management skills
- Advanced proficiency in report and technical
writing with strong attention to detail and editing
written and oral communication abilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software such
as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Teams, as well as HOT2000 modeling software.
- Multi-tasking and setting priorities as required
to consistently meet tight deadlines.
What to expect in your
first several weeks on the job:
In the first week, expect to:
- Meet the HW team
- Read and understand the Program Manual
- Get familiar with the general processes and how the program
- Have introductions to other functional areas of the business and how they interact with HW
- Meet with individual HW team members and get familiar with
their roles and how it interacts with yours.
- Read pilot proposal documents.
- Meet pilot Project Managers and get familiar with their roles
and how it interacts with yours.
In the first month, expect to:
- Meet various HW program partners and Delivery Agents
- Become familiar with the program’s targets, goals, and overall
- Become familiar with the programs process flow
- Learn how to navigate and use the program project
- Begin reporting metrics, distributing client leads to
contractors, and preparing program reports and updates with support.
- Meet other team members within ENS that you will work closely and understand how you will collaborate.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Become familiar with in-depth program specifics
- Have written and managed various reporting and invoice
- Be able to manage and navigate program tracking information and
management tools and prepare program metric updates and reports without
- Manage relationships, fulfill information requests, and
troubleshoot concerns of program partners, stakeholders, and relevant
- Meet with the HomeWarming Advisory Council and lead reporting
and meetings, with support from program partners at Clean Foundation.
EfficiencyOne is committed to fostering a
culture that is supportive and values others, one that is grounded in diversity
and inclusiveness. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates,
including women, Indigenous peoples, persons with a disability, racially
visible persons, persons of minority sexual orientations, and gender identities.