Server - Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
The Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for full-time Server. We are located across the highway from the Kelowna International Airport, with convenient transit access just down the street!
If you don't mind variety and are able to work a flexible schedule which includes mornings, weekdays, and weekends, please submit your resume today! We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO!
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Hampton Inn & Suites)
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands
- An excellent work environment, and the opportunity to be a part of a great team!
- Demonstrate a complete knowledge and understanding of the sequence of service, food and beverage service standards, and all other service standards.
- Have full and complete knowledge of the food menu, dessert menu, coffee and tea menu as well as all other beverage menus and the wine list. To know about menu items, ingredients, preparation methods and garnishes for all dishes. To be able to guide the guest through the menu and make any suggestions or recommendations in the guests’ interest. To be able to answer any guest question about food items, beverages and wines in an informative and helpful way.
- Be aware of all cashiering procedures and the handling of all payment methods.
- Understand and follow all POS procedures and policies.
- Lead and guide the Support Crew ensuring efficient and effective teamwork.
- Communicate all service requirements to the respective crew members in an efficient and effective way.
- Ensure that all work areas and stations are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Perform all opening, side and closing duties as well as all daily and weekly duties to the set standards.
- Attend any pre-shift, weekly and monthly meetings to be well-informed about all events, promotions and other news concerning the hotel and surrounding area.
- Attend all required training sessions and be aware of any changes to menus, hotel and departmental policies and procedures, service standards as well as business trends and requirements.
- Understand how to operate all the equipment used in the restaurant and to protect all assets in the restaurant and in the hotel.
- Assist all guests (internal and external) with any enquiries or requests in a pleasant, helpful manner.
- Actively participate in and follow all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Carrying out any miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as requested by your Manager pertaining to total quality service delivered.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ year's of previous Serving experience within an upscale high-volume establishment is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of fine dining and regional wines and beverages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player attitude.
- Team player, with willingness to learn new concepts and ideas.
- Valid Serving It Right certification.
- Passion for food, beverage and providing excellent customer service.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to stand and be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without restriction.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.