The Room Inspector is responsible for assisting the Housekeeping Supervisor, performing deep-cleaning inspections, and ensuring guest satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee Housekeeping activities to ensure clean, orderly and attractive rooms, while making sure policies and procedures are being followed.
- Continuous cleaning inspections of guest rooms, hallways and common areas.
- Oversee Houseman to ensure continuous motion of laundry and trash collection.
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to Facilities, including all furniture, fittings and equipment.
- Takes found items to designated lost and found area if guest has checked out.
- Handles guest complaints concerning housekeeping service or refers problem to management.
- Monitor housekeeping supplies and equipment and conduct periodic inventories.
- Assist train housekeeping staff on all policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintain a safe work environment- ensure all operational and safety procedures are properly followed.
- Wear the proper uniform; ensures all housekeeping staff wears the proper uniform.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Detail Oriented.
- Organizational Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates in a hotel setting. This role requires good physical resilience and ability to work at a high pace while standing throughout the day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Prior Housekeeping experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.