Frontier Technologies is
currently seeking applications for a Telecommunications Service Restoration
Technician to join our team in St. John’s, Newfoundland.
As a member of our field team you will be responsible for providing outstanding
customer service and technical expertise through the laborious tasks required
to bury service wires. Additionally, you may be tasked with troubleshooting
faults from the pole to the customer premises which may impair the operations
of the services in which we install. You will also naturally be committed to
safety and working in a safe work environment by demonstrating safe work
practices. Successful candidates could have the potential to move up to Installation
and Repair Field Technician should they be successful.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities
- Use of pick/shovel to dig trenches for service wires.
- Installation of interior/exterior outlets and lines as well as
installation of telecommunications equipment at the customer location
while providing exceptional customer service.
- Kneeling, crouching, bending and overhead work to get assigned
- Heavy lifting (60+ pounds).
- Use of specialized tools.
- Light manual labour.
- Maintaining assignment vehicles and tools in a satisfactory manner.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Grade 12 Certificate *considered an asset.
- Graduation from a recognized Electronics Program is considered an
- Ability to work various shifts, including some evenings and
weekends, holidays and emergency situations.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to consistently meet
and achieve outlined metrics.
- Ability to follow established policies & procedures with a
strong attention to detail.
- Satisfactory Criminal Background check.
- Valid provincial driver's license coupled with a satisfactory
Work With Us
We're looking for people who are passionate about what they do, who
believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers
every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are
motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
We thank you for
your interest in Kerr Group of Companies. All qualified applicants will be
considered, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Frontier Technologies is one of Canada's largest Telecommunications
Support and Workforce Optimization organizations. Since 1997 we have grown to
almost 150 employees located in ten offices across the country. We are proud of
our reputation for the highest level of service for our valued customers and
the best work environment for our exceptional employees. As we continue to
grow, our goal is to stay connected to our values and committed to the same
standard of excellence that got us where we are today. Kerr Group operating
companies are Frontier Technologies and Northern Business Intelligence.