About MacCosham Inc.
MacCosham has been providing rail yard terminal services for over 50 years and is experienced in the management of a variety of yard configurations. In addition to our rail intermodal terminal services, including lift-on/lift-off of containers and hostler services, we also operate several container and chassis repair depots associated with rail yard terminal services, with a full range of mechanical, welding and associated repair services.
MacCosham Inc. is looking for full-time, permanent Trailer Mechanics to join our growing team in Calgary, AB.
- Responsible for maintaining MacCosham equipment in a safe and cost efficient manner
- Performing routine maintenance and servicing
- Repairing trailers, containers, chassis, and other equipment
- Make repairs on units in a timely and safe manner
- Maintain work area in a clean and organized manner
- Must be able to complete all fleet maintenance processes
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- Minimum 1 year experience in trailer maintenance and repair and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Must have basic computer skills and comfortable working with iPads
- Must be capable of working under minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate safe and efficient workplace practices
- Highly motivated team player, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to carry out and understand verbal and written instructions
- Strong attention to detail
- The employee may be asked to perform work in our yard (same location as the shop).
- This may include shunting, reefer checks, climbing up and down on rail cars and groundman duties
- Wage will vary based on experience ($18.00-$21.00 per hour)
- Comprehensive benefits after 6 months
- Steady hours with overtime opportunities
MacCosham is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, colour, religion, sex, age, or disability in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation and benefits paid to them. MacCosham values the diversity of each individual we hire and serve. We foster a safe workplace where individuals feel welcomed, recognized, appreciated, and respected for their differences.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the MacCosham team, but only select candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.