Talent Acquisition and Development Manager
Do you want your neighbors to know you as the person who made it possible for them see Boyz II Men literally right down the street? Are having artistic, cultural, educational, and FUN experiences available in your local community something you value? If so, we have good news, you can be that cool person on the block that helps make glass blowing, art exhibits, and festivals accessible to all in the Lehigh Valley. We’re hiring a Talent Acquisition and Development Manager here at ArtsQuest that will recruit, retain, and develop the many people needed to bring all of these opportunities to our community.
What you’ll do
This is a robust role that juggles the high demand of seasonal and everyday hiring with HR related activities such as onboarding, retention, employee development, and HRIS management, just to name a few. Putting on your creative thinking cap and bringing fresh ideas to the everyday challenges is something you’ll do daily. Your areas of impact will be:
- Full cycle recruiting and onboarding of a lively and fun, large seasonal staff mixed with the everyday hiring of a growing organization
- Paint and nurture relationships in and outside of ArtsQuest relating to hiring, retention, and overall employee development
- Compose diversity, inclusion, and equity (DEI) training and workshops to drive a culture that is fully inclusive, anti-racist and helps everyone thrive in a multicultural organization
- Offer your hand as a first resource for employees regarding HR related matters with exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills
- Collaborate with outsourced HR partners in relationship to HRIS use, payroll processing oversight, employee benefits and PTO, performance management, etc.
- Engage in partnerships to coordinate education resources for annual training and development objectives
- Team up with leadership and finance department to run and analyze reports relating to payroll, HRIS, budgets, grant and compliance, etc.
What you need to thrive in this role
- 4+ years of full cycle recruiting and Human Resources Generalist experience or a combination of talent acquisition and HR administration. High-volume seasonal recruiting mixed with professional hiring strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field preferred or relevant level of work experience in the field of human resources; master’s degree a plus
- Experience in payroll processing oversight, managing, and maintaining an accurate HRIS system to include but not limited to system setup and implementation, workflow management, an understanding of FLSA, FMLA, EEOC, ADA, ADEA, and other employment laws
- Strong ability to build and strengthen professional relationships with other staff members as well as vendors, sponsors, members, partners, volunteers, and the public
- Excellent communication skills work and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Highly organized with the ability to set goals, meet deadlines and maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Experience working in a non-profit environment preferred
ArtsQuest is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to provide access to exceptional artistic, cultural, and educational experiences using arts and culture as key elements of economic development for our urban communities.
Through festivals such as our flagship event, Musikfest; Banana Factory Arts Center; ArtsQuest Center and SteelStacks arts and cultural campus, ArtsQuest’s programming reaches more than 1.9 million people annually. Our programs and events, approximately 50 percent of which are free to attend, have a combined economic impact of more than $136 million annually in the region.
We maintain a culture of C.A.R.E.S.; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability. In addition, ArtsQuest has very high standards for accountability and ownership of all of our employees’ actions, whose contributions to the organization all relate to customer service. It is our goal to deliver the most exceptional experiences to both our internal and external customers. We work hard, but we play harder. It’s the reason we’re here!
- Medical, dental, vision, term life, and disability insurance
- 403(b)-retirement savings plan
- Paid time off and sick time
- Discounts on select organizational programs and events
ArtsQuest is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees and volunteers invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
ArtsQuest is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, EOE, M/F/LGBTQ/Disability/Vet.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.