The Dishwasher is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe, and sanitary facility.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware, and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans, and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around the exterior of the restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing your hands first.
- Other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Guest Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a kitchen environment. This role routinely uses sinks and dishwashers and tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Sit- Under 2/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 1/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.-75 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
- Working inside and outside in all types of inclemency and heat
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty plus hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read and comprehend labels on chemicals.
- Experience working in commercial kitchen.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.