Responsible for the daily delivery and pickup of customer orders and local vendor purchases.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pull and fill customer orders generated by parts counter and outside sales.
- Loading and unloading of delivery vehicles.
- Picks up and delivers parts and equipment to customers, satellite stores, wholesale accounts, and vendors.
- Coordinate delivery route with all other parts employees.
- Efficiently perform daily delivery route to minimize delivery time.
- Checks payments received with the invoices for each delivery.
- Unload truck each night. Turns in all paperwork, payments and returned parts.
- Securing all loads to ensure safe delivery.
- Verify that invoices and packing slips match product and quantities being delivered and received
- Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups. Requests recipient's signature on each delivery entry.
- Communicate any immediate maintenance or safety-related issues to management.
- Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department.
- Assist the service and sales department with driver or technician transportation.
- Unload and process “cores” returned to the dealership.
- Helps with stocking and posting orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to shop technicians and wholesale accounts.
- Handles basic maintenance of the truck including filling the tank with gas, checking oil, keeping it clean, and making sure required inspections are performed.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Other Duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Driver's License
- Minimal infractions on driving record