- Must have valid SC Driver's License with the good driving record.
- Must be able to lift and carry large packages up to 50 pounds and move larger packages with aid of handtruck.
On a daily basis, ensure all company incoming mail is picked up from post office, delivered to property, sorted, and routed to appropriate personnel; outgoing mail is picked up from departments, metered, and delivered to the post office on a timely basis, prepare materials for shipping, receive delivered materials, and arrange for appropriate delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Wear a skid-resistant work shoe with good support
- Collect and distribute interoffice mail to various departments and outlets.
- Prepare mail for delivery to the US Post Office to include weighing, postage, and packaging.
- Delivery and pick up of mail to US Post Office.
- Pickup and delivery of items to/from businesses and banks in the Myrtle Beach area.
- To perform these duties, you may expect to walk, bend, twist and lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
SHIPPING & RECEIVING
- Receive all deliveries from UPS, Fed Ex, bulk deliveries, vendors, and other trucking companies.
- · Deliver received items to all departments upon their receipt or from storage as needed- e.g., beach balls, umbrellas, shampoos, soaps, tissues, brochures, copy paper, office supplies.
- Pack and ship via UPS and Fed Ex various items to be returned to vendors, guest lost and found items, brochures.
- Inventory items that are in storage; control storage area for shipping and receiving office; perform periodic physical counts of inventory.
- To perform these duties, you must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs and use a hand truck and pallet jack.
- Invoice Review
- Recycling Coordinator.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices, shipping and receiving forms, procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports, business correspondence, ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization, or vendors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid South Carolina driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Computer data entry, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; twist, bend and lift, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or climb stairs. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee will frequently work in outdoor weather conditions.