The LSU Alumni Association is looking to hire an Advancement Intern to provide assistance and support to the daily operation of the department. The Advancement Intern works with alumni staff to develop and implement donor relations strategies for all fundraising and alumni engagement priorities. Specific duties include performing donor and prospect research, assisting with donor events, mailings, and marketing efforts. The Advancement Intern can expect to learn about fundraising, event planning, marketing, and donor relations.
- Performing daily office operations
- Contacting donors via phone and mail to solicit renewals and other information
- Performing donor and prospect research
- Assisting in planning a variety of donor-related events
- Assisting with all marketing and external, donor-related mailings
- Occasional game day development/event support
- Assisting in building and maintaining overall donor relations
- Attendance at all Collegiate Club at LSU (CCLSU) events (unless conflicting with prior commitments) is expected
- Actively enrolled as a student at LSU
- Preferred: Membership in Collegiate Club at LSU by date of the Application
- Ability to work as needed (20+ hours weekly) as determined by the schedule of the department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to provide quality customer service
- Teamwork orientation
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Ability to professionally represent the LSU Alumni Association and the University
- Excellent oral communication and public speaking skills
- Strong organizational skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Effective event management practices
- An in-depth understanding of the LSU Alumni Association from both a student and future alumni perspective.
- Meet, interact, and network with the LSU Alumni Association family of more than 229,000