Volunteer Programs Assistant Manager
If you’ve heard the expression “it’s like herding cats” and thought that sounds fun, we may have the job for you here at ArtsQuest! Our volunteers are definitely not cats, in fact they’re really great at what they do, but they do a lot!! We’re hiring a Volunteer Programs Assistant Manager to help maintain our relationship with thousands of our volunteers. The many events, festivals, concerts, and programs we host in the Lehigh Valley need someone like you contacting, scheduling and fulfilling the volunteer needs to make sure they go off without a hitch.
What you’ll do
- Provide courteous, friendly and efficient customer service to volunteers daily
- Create and execute strategies to strengthen and advance ArtsQuest’s volunteer department
- Data entry and updating of records, schedules and contact information in software systems
- Act as an advocate for volunteers and interns among ArtsQuest staff
- Assist in building shifts in Better Impact (volunteer software) and identifying volunteer needs at events, along with updating year-round opportunities regularly and communicating schedules and/or changes to volunteers and departments as needed
- Analyzing and communicating coverage reports and putting together a plan to recruit additional volunteers
- Manage logistics of the Volunteer Ambassador Program
- Oversee all aspects of volunteer inventory such as shirts, name badges, and pins
- Coordinate all aspects of corporate volunteer program, including developing, maintaining and growing those relationships
- Manage all community service relations with the Bethlehem School District and Northampton County
- Assist with all aspects of volunteer training sessions, including the preparation of training materials and leading trainings
- Attend and contribute to monthly Volunteer Committee meetings as scheduled
- Represent and lead the volunteers at major festivals including Musikfest, Christkindlmarkt and Oktoberfest, along with smaller events/festivals
What you’ll need to thrive
- Associates or bachelor’s degree required
- At least 1 year of previous experience in customer service, administrative support, office supervision or recruiting
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with interns, colleges and universities, volunteers, the public, other staff members as well as vendors, sponsors and members
- Computer/web proficiency including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook is required. Better Impact or Raiser’s Edge, and Publisher knowledge is helpful
- Social media experience for recruitment is helpful
- Must be physically able to walk measurable distances for extended periods of time during events and festivals
- A passion for the arts, a sense of humor, and especially a sense of fun!
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays and weekends when necessary; some extended and irregular hours will be required from time to time
- Reliable personal vehicle and valid driver’s license to allow travel between all our venues and facilities or to offsite meetings and events as required.
ArtsQuest is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to provide access to exceptional artistic, cultural, and educational experiences using arts and culture as key elements of economic development for our urban communities.
Through festivals such as our flagship event, Musikfest; Banana Factory Arts Center; ArtsQuest Center, and SteelStacks arts and cultural campus, ArtsQuest's programming reaches more than 1.9 million people annually. Our programs and events, approximately 50 percent of which are free to attend, have a combined economic impact of more than $136 million annually in the region.
- Medical, dental, vision, term life, and disability insurance
- 403(b)-retirement savings plan
- Paid time off and sick time
- Discounts on select organizational programs and events
ArtsQuest demonstrates its Core Values of: Serve our Communities, Be Curious, Act Generously, Be Transparent and Find Joy in all aspects of our culture. It is our goal to maintain these values to consistently deliver exceptional experiences to our employees and our community.
ArtsQuest is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees and volunteers invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture but our reputation and the organization's achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees' characteristics that make them unique because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
ArtsQuest is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, EOE, M/F/LGBTQ/Disability/Vet.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.