Chef De Cuisine
GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
We are currently looking for a full-time, talented Chef de Cuisine to assist our Executive Chef in managing and supervising the entire food service production of Prospera Place in Kelowna. The successful candidate will be well-versed with current market trends relating to food production, presentation, and cooking methods.
Please note that this role will require enough flexibility to cover any required shifts within the kitchen department, and the ability to work additional hours as required, during peak seasonal times.
- This role will have a number of accountabilities, including but not exclusive to those listed below:
- Practice safe food handling according to current food safety standards and HACCP guidelines
- Ensure that the quality, quantity and presentation of all foods prepared and cooked meet the company's standards and requirements (including maintaining accurate food temperatures)
- Responsible for menu design and implementation that is on par with current market trends
- Conduct and execute menu tastings with kitchen and leadership teams
- Assist in planning of purchases in accordance with production schedules, always ensuring correct stock levels, good inventory turnover, and minimal wastage
- Ensure cleanliness in all food preparation and storage areas; ensure that each employee in the kitchen is aware of the importance of the need for cleanliness; maintain a clean, safe, and well-organized work environment
- Meet with the Executive Chef on a daily basis to discuss the day-to-day operations, additional responsibilities, events, comments, observations regarding staff-productivity, work habits, food safety, food and labor costs
- Participate in physical inventory; in the absence of the Executive Chef takes over all responsibilities and duties to assure consistency in management and delivery
- Train, mentor, support and guide the kitchen brigade in a positive, patient, friendly and sociable manner
- Ensure the kitchen team is aware and up to date on all fire safety rules and company code of conduct policies
- Ensure all equipment is in good working order and to report any repairs or maintenance to the appropriate department manager in a timely manner
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent education
- Must have current Food Safe Level 2 certification.
- Cooks’ trade qualified certificate with Interprovincial Red Seal or equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of kitchen policies and procedures with a minimum 3 years’ experience as a Sous Chef or higher
- Experience in high volume kitchens with banquet experience is a definite asset
- Demonstrated supervisory skills with an emphasis on organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent Communication skills
Perks, Benefits, & Other Cool Stuff:
- Competitive salary
- Employer paid dental & extended health coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs, Front-of-the-Line Access to shows and concert tickets and more!
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position