Looking for a "hands-on" role in a fast-paced environment? Are you interested in working for a great company? Then you may be a terrific fit for our Dishwasher position. Come and join the Up To Par team at Regency at Dominion Valley!
If you want to kickstart your career in the restaurant industry and be part of the behind-the-scenes operations, we want you to apply!
Regency at Dominion Valley is a thoughtfully tailored property to the people who live, work and visit this Northern VA and District of Columbia area. Our associates understand the needs and wants of our guests and can address them without hesitation. They create a personalized experience for each person who visits Regency at Dominion Valley and supports one another in doing so. If you have a passion for pleasing others, a get it done mentality, and are looking for an opportunity to make a difference every day by positively impacting the lives of others.
We are looking for an individual to join our team immediately. Someone who is invested in providing exceptional experiences to our guest and members. The Dishwasher responsibilities include collecting used dishes, plates and utensils, loading washing machines and stacking washed items appropriately.
Part Time - Hourly
Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
As a Dishwasher, you would be responsible for providing a clean and safe kitchen area for your family team members, wash and clean tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment. Keep the dishwashing area and equipment clean and organized. Also, will assist in table set-up for banquets and events. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Monitor dish machine water temperature and chemical levels to ensure sanitary wash cycle
- Wash and store all tableware and kitchenware
- Keep dishwasher area clean and organized
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen
- Bag and haul kitchen trash to the dumpster. Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required
- Assists others in closing the kitchen
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty
- Must be nice
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 7 hours).
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Be able to work in a hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities.
- Any other duties assigned by the manager.
- Able to Stand for 5+ Hour
- Ability to lift/carry/move 50+ lbs. ability to stand upright for extended periods of time
- Ability to spend extended periods of time bending/twisting/reaching
- Ability to speak English
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Be punctual, focused, dedicated & reliable, willing to work a flexible schedule
- Be flexible to work holidays, weekends and nights.
- Work well under pressure and have a strong desire to learn
- Be able to work as a team
Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying: All of these functions are essential primarily because of the heavy production associated with Banquets. Mobility, full range of mobility and the ability to travel 30-50 feet on a regular basis throughout the day. Continuous standing, usually all day. Must have a moderate hearing to hear equipment timers and communicate with other staff.
Chemicals/Agents: grease strip, bleach, grease cutter, Lime Away.
Protective Clothing: hair restraint/hat, gloves, apron, safety shoes - approximately 100% of 8-hour shift.
Indoors most of the shift. Taking out the trash, assist in cleaning up outdoor functions, cook or run food to outdoor tables can result in being outside for a percentage of some shifts.
Dealing with Ambiguity
Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
About the Company Up to Par Management is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Currently, Up to Par Management oversees operations for four golf clubs, one resort golf course, and one hotel. Up to Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates. Up to Par exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.