JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for developing, managing and expanding a portfolio of commercial and consumer relationships for the primary purpose of generating loans and deposits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Makes retention and development calls on existing and potential new customers;
- Develops new customer prospects and business for the Bank;
- Maintains prospect lists & business pipeline;
- As needed, interviews applicants complete the required documentation and recommend deposit and loan products to customers;
- Determines the best loan structure for the customer and submits a package for approval;
- Verifies loan documents are complete and accurate according to approval;
- Ensures policies and procedures conform to compliance and regulatory requirements;
- Coordinates and attends loan closings;
- Provides pipeline and collection reports as needed;
- Responsible for management and development of direct reports including mentoring, coaching, counseling, and annual performance reviews;
- Recognizes opportunities to offer customer(s) additional bank products and services to meet their financial needs and makes referrals as needed;
- Represents the bank at professional, civic and community events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This description is intended to outline the principal duties, responsibilities, and accountabilities of the position, but may not cover all tasks or functions for which the person holding the position will be held accountable.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
College degree in business, finance, economics or related field or a minimum of five years experience in a related field;
Minimum of two years’ experience in commercial/consumer lending;
Extensive knowledge of lending compliance regulations, especially as they relate to consumer and commercial loans;
General knowledge of commercial/consumer lending policy, documents, regulations, and requirements;
General knowledge of banking policies and procedures;
Excellent customer service and sales skills;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Excellent Time Management skills; uses time effectively and efficiently with the ability to meet goals and deadlines consistently;
Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think critically;
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel;
Drives for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully;
Business Acumen – Understands how the banking business works;
Professional in appearance and manner
Physical Demands- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands and fingers to feel or handle equipment and files; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 2.5 pounds. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment- The work environment in an office due to the importance of concentration needed in this position. The incumbent meets with executive members of the organization. The general area is fair to the medium noise level. All areas are air-conditioned or heated. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FIRST BANK and TRUST is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled